Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yes i know I'm useless when it comes to wiring and many other things but if anyone here can give a pointer please!

I've a bi-xenon projector lens & ballast and am ready to do some retrofitting but im not with it when it comes to wires and connecting the **** thing first to ensure it works
(they say plug and play - and im sure it is :blush:)

anyone know what connects to what on the bike!
i dont wanna blow fuses with my guesswork :D

heres a wiring diagram of the kit

a picture of the kit

and a diagram of the wires i have available

·
Registered
386 Posts
BTW, one wire's not accounted for on that diagram with the red circles.
You're right. Looks like what I circled in the top left of the picture isn't a wire connector, just the wire folded in a way that looked like a connector. Move that circle over the black wire near the fuse and that "should" work (still a guess)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies
anyone know what the worst could happen if i wire something up wrong is?

just blow a fuse?
or am i looking at chernobyl

·
Registered
386 Posts
thanks for the replies
anyone know what the worst could happen if i wire something up wrong is?

just blow a fuse?
or am i looking at chernobyl
Looks like the kit comes with a wiring harness that has a fuse so worst case scenario you blow that fuse. The most likely scenario is that the light doesn't come on or doesn't behave properly when you try to go from low beam to high beam. The retrofit is gonna be the hard part of the install, the wiring should be trivial in comparison.

Post pics of the process if you don't mind!

·
Registered
706 Posts
The one circled hi low is for the angel eye (angel eye is fail...)
The one that connects to the bulb harness will control the bi xenon hi low portion.

If anyone is interested I can sell you an almost bolt in projector retrofit kit for like $130 with no angel eye and a perfect clear glass lens and 35w HID kit

The hardest part of the retrofit would be taking the headlight apart to put the projector inside.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
questions:

where is the hi/lo switch?

when you say, connect to the batterys positive and negative.. you mean I have to get an extra length of wire and literally connect it straight to the battery?

the blue/white wires I agree are probably for the headlight harness as there is a blue/white wire going into that 3point connector for the headlight!
(i wish more of this was colour coded!)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
need final bit of help to get this going if anyone has any suggestions.
i've wired it as follows, and the halo/demon eye works..
and flicking the headlight switch on my handlebar actually flips the switch inside the projector....
but i cant get the actual HID to light up...
is it possible the bulb is a dud? or the ballast? how can I check.. its the only component not working (1 of those?)

doubtful it will help anything but a vid of what i connected.. if it can be made out

·
Registered
386 Posts
need final bit of help to get this going if anyone has any suggestions.
i've wired it as follows, and the halo/demon eye works..
and flicking the headlight switch on my handlebar actually flips the switch inside the projector....
but i cant get the actual HID to light up...
is it possible the bulb is a dud? or the ballast? how can I check.. its the only component not working (1 of those?)
Try swapping the wires that connect to the headlight harness. I have seen kits where these wires need to be swapped for them to work (wrong color coding).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try swapping the wires that connect to the headlight harness. I have seen kits where these wires need to be swapped for them to work (wrong color coding).
tried this now, but with no luck :(

in the headlight harness is a blue/white/green wires.

the 'connect to outside power' wires i have available are blue and white (as per diagram on p1)

i tried
blue to blue with white to white (hi/lo switch in projector flicks and stays on 'hi mode'. Hi beam light on dash turns on and wont turn off whether i flick on or off nothing happens)

white to blue and blue to white (same as above)

white to green with blue to white (fuse blows for headlight)
white to green with blue to blue (fuse blows for headlight)

blue to green with white to white (fuse blows for headlight)
blue to green with white to blue (fuse blows for headlight)

white to white & blue to nothing (hi/lo switch in projector works. dashboard hi-beam turns on and off as i flick between hi and lo - but HID still doesnt ignite!)
blue to blue & white to nothing (nothing happens)
white to green & blue to nothing (fuse blows for headlight)
blue to green & white to nothing (fuse blows for headlight)

do we have any electricians here lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you don't know how to use a volt meter to see what is hi and low in the headlight connector then I'm sorry but you should have a professional do this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you don't know how to use a volt meter to see what is hi and low in the headlight connector then I'm sorry but you should have a professional do this.
thats the thing.
i do know, it's even colour coded.
but it just doesnt work. (hence i tried every other combination of wiring it too just incase)

so i've been advised elsewhere that the wiring for the projectors harness may simply be faulty..
got a new one shipping in to see if that works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Bob,

You wouldn't happen to have tried to do the actual lens install yet would you?

I'm just wondering the difficulty in this step, as I was contemplating sending my headlamp assembly out for professional install ($230) but am pretty sure I can do it myself. I'm wondering how the assembly is held together and sealed.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hello Bob,

You wouldn't happen to have tried to do the actual lens install yet would you?

I'm just wondering the difficulty in this step, as I was contemplating sending my headlamp assembly out for professional install ($230) but am pretty sure I can do it myself. I'm wondering how the assembly is held together and sealed.

Thanks,
Brian
The cheapest professional I've found was $600?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts