Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ride home I looked down and noticed 2 long cracks running down the center of the instrument cluster plexi glass. The cracks are centered, do not run to the edges of the cluster, and there is no impact point to indicate something hit it. I did not notice it when I first got on the bike either.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this? I'm wondering if this will be considered something that I can get fixed under the warranty.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I wouldnt bank on getting a warranty repair....in fact, they will say it MUST have been from some kind of impact.....i would say labor will cost many times more than any replacement piece will if you have your dealer do it.

you are the first person I have heard mention anything such as this

·
Registered
111 Posts
You're sure they're cracks and not scratches? And you don't remember doing anything that might have caused them? I personally think you might have a valid warranty claim, but don't be too surprised if the dealer is skeptical.

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news, took the bike in to the dealership today. They looked at it and said that it would/should be covered under warranty. They ordered the part and sent the work order off to Honda. They said that it could have been caused by the temperature drop that occurred yesterday. I live in San Diego so I can't believe that a 10 degree drop could cause that, but as long as they are paying I'll believe them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good news, took the bike in to the dealership today. They looked at it and said that it would/should be covered under warranty. They ordered the part and sent the work order off to Honda. They said that it could have been caused by the temperature drop that occurred yesterday. I live in San Diego so I can't believe that a 10 degree drop could cause that, but as long as they are paying I'll believe them.
Good to hear. Yeah - hard to believe ANY temperature drop that could happen in San Diego could cause this. What's that line from the first Ghostbusters film - something like as long as I get paid I'll believe anything?

·
Registered
879 Posts
A ten degree temp drop would not cause your problem. The is something else going on here but who cares righr? Its going to be covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cracked Plexi Display

I came out to my bike one day and found 30cm cracks in my display cluster.
Looked like they started from the middle and then ran straight up and down.
I can only assume it was a change in temperature thing.
I have a warranty claim in and waiting for a reply.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I came out to my bike one day and found 30cm cracks in my display cluster.
30cm, really? lol are you running a gold wing cluster or something? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts