Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys here in the states typically carry as insurance coverage? Have no idea what to get as this is my first bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
im 28 Male and i desided to go with state farm, progressive and gieco both were quoting me at about 70 a month and state farm only 15
What??? I'm 31, male, married, no accidents in last 5 years, motorcycle endorsed. Progressive quoted me $284 a year, including total loss coverage (meaning I get the most current MSRP of the same bike or comparable bike if it gets totaled).

Your quote of $70 a month comes out to almost $850 a year! What the heck?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have Liberty Mutual. For both a 2010 Sportster 883 and the CBR its $300 a year with high coverages, full coverage on both. Geico was priced about the same but with min coverages. Funny thing was that its only a $1.00 discount for taking the motorcycle safety course.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was quoted $9/month from State Farm for full coverage minus uninsured motorist. Not sure what my deductible would be on that though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
they quoted me so high because one i have 0 years of ride experence, two i have no M endorcement at the moment. so that is probably why i was quoted so high. because i have 0 points on my record.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here's what I've got:

Bodily Injury Liability:
$100,000 Each Person
$300,000 Each Occurrence

Property Damage Liability:
$100,000 Each Occurrence

Uninsured Motorist:
$100,000 Each Person
$300,000 Each Accident

Medical Expense:
$5,000 Each Person

Collision Deductible: $500
Comprehensive Deductible: $500

Cost: $160.80/yr w/ AmFam

I also have my auto, home and 1M Umbrella with them which gives me a better rate.
I'm a single male, 43, with a clean driving record (right now). ;)

Riding experience wasn't a consideration for AmFam but Minnesota does requires the motorcycle endorsement.

Unless you are bundling all of your insurance, "my momma told me, you better shop around".

·
Registered
681 Posts
the most important thing, at least to me, is theft. make sure your comprehensive is strong, i had my first bike stolen last summer
Good advice. I learned this one the hard way too. My deducible is now $250 for comprehensive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
70/mon for me full coverage. no m endorsement. no accidents no points for 7 yrs. 2 years riding experience (I had my ruckus insured as a motorcycle for 2 yrs so it counts)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts