Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, what is everyones insurance like on the 250R? i just got a quote for $3200/year and thats only for 6 months of riding since we get snow :eek:, **** teen insurance is so high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a 24-year-old male, have an accident and moving violation on my record within the past 3 years and my insurance is $531 a year/$43 a month. I'm also in New York.

·
Registered
928 Posts
$297 a year for full coverage on both the CBR and 2010 Sportster. Thats with the high coverages and 500 deductible. 3200 a yr is insane, especially for a $4000 bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am 25, in Hawaii and I was quoted 1700 for a year, That was with 1 accident, 1 speeding tix, and 1 driving to closely. Insurance is full theft, state minimum for everything else.....:Sigh:

I couldn't imagine what it would be like on a 600!:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm only going with liability only as I see no need for comp and collision on a $4000 bike...at least for me.

That being said I'll be paying $165/yr. for liability with 500K limits.

David

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm only going with liability only as I see no need for comp and collision on a $4000 bike...at least for me.

That being said I'll be paying $165/yr. for liability with 500K limits.

David
Yep, me too..

My cost is $68.50/yr. Liability only with raised limits, no Uninsured Motorist.

No Accidents, No Tickets, No Claims.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I figure 150 a year for full coverage is cheap. If i keep the bike for two yeras thats only 300 bucks. I crash it or someone steals it Im not out the 4 grand.
Had a VX800, got ran over and totaled in a parking lot with only 68 miles on it. Guy who hit it had no license or insurance. Without the full coverage I wouldve been screwed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Way overpriced!!

hey everyone, what is everyones insurance like on the 250R? i just got a quote for $3200/year and thats only for 6 months of riding since we get snow :eek:, **** teen insurance is so high.
CRAZY EXPENSIVE!! I am with state farm. 31yrs old. new rider, $36.00 mth. and they told me I could get it cheaper if I shopped around. I heard T.D. insurance is great for rates. Good luck! Don't get suckered into a high price like that. Spend the time and do your shopping. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Insurance Quote from Progressive Online

I just did an online quote with Progressive and for me (40yr old male) was $170/year (full coverage).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I did an online quote on progressive.com just to see what it would say and at first glance it looked like a great deal..or so I thought...then I took notice of alot of missing coverage..like uninsured motorist..ect.ect....so I set the insurance settings to the full coverage ones just like I was quoted at farm bureau for $360 a year, then I clicked the "recalculate" button...progressives quote was over $600..even after tweaking the settings a bit I was still over $500...so I'm not loving progressive at all..Ill stay at farm bureau

·
Registered
119 Posts
625/year, 2million 3rd party, full collision/comprehensive. This is in BC Canada, largely considered the most expensive province for vehicle insurance. I'm a happy camper!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cheapest I could find for full coverage on my cbr was Progressive at $245/year. I'm a relatively new rider so thats understandable. We pay $118/year thru Geico for my wifes baby ninja for everything less collision.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Where are you living for your insurance to be so high?!

·
Registered
706 Posts
23 years old, 2 speeding tickets totaling 10 points, and I pay $32 a month for more coverage then I actually wanted if I went lower at all though they wanted it all up front instead of monthly. Oh and it's with Progressive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I figure 150 a year for full coverage is cheap. If i keep the bike for two yeras thats only 300 bucks. I crash it or someone steals it Im not out the 4 grand.
Had a VX800, got ran over and totaled in a parking lot with only 68 miles on it. Guy who hit it had no license or insurance. Without the full coverage I wouldve been screwed.
Get full coverage, you'll thank yourself whey they pay for damages to bike AND gear when you drop it! 24 male, $319/yr full coverage through progressive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts