Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone....

As you can tell, I am a new member on this forum and this is my first post. My intent is to purchase a 2011 CBR 250R by the end of the summer for use as a commuter vehicle after some mileage modifications. I currently work as an automotive engineer making aluminum die cast pieces for transmissions. Specifically I am working on the new GM automatic transmission intended for front engine / rear wheel drive cars. I have been a car guy my whole life and at the age of 41, I am just getting interested in motorcycles as a way to save fuel. One of my past (and ongoing) projects is a tube chassis IMSA Fiero racecar that I built. You can find details on this car on the CarDomain website or just google "IMSA Fiero" and look for the car in southern Illinois.
My plan is to make a daily driver motorcycle that can be driven in all types of weather comfortably while carrying larger items. I intend to base it on the CBR but it will be capable of using any motorcycle drivetrain. So to sum it up, I am in terested in anything that helps with fuel efficency. My race car gets about 5 mpg so for this project I want to go to the other end of the spectrum.
I will be searching for threads on mileage. If you have any thoughts please let me know. I wil be interested. :)

I look forward to talking with you guys and learning about all the details of the CBR.

Paul

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Can't help you much with the mileage stuff, but welcome to the forum! Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings R Runner,

Welcome to the Forum.

Maybe a sketch of your intended project will aid in your search for information.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings R Runner,

Welcome to the Forum.

Maybe a sketch of your intended project will aid in your search for information.
Thanks for the welcome. As I get closer to the build, I'll beable to produce some sketches. I'm working on the design right now while I save up the money for at least 70% of the project. I don't believe in doing any project part way. In the next few months, I'll be looking for a used bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts