Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen the skully ar-1 helmet? This helmet is heaven sent, but around 1500 dollars. Its got a heads up display, built in bluetooth, a automatic shading visor, and a camera on the back of the helmet that displays on the heads up display. Its also a very cool looking helmet. What are your thoughts?? ImageUploadedByMO Free1460340978.304293.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1460340988.874107.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it is pretty cool but definitely not with the $1500. I would love to have a helmet like this one day but only after the price comes down and im out of college :p
ChaseOnTwoWheels did a good first impressions video of the helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2bd7jxq5k

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Too expensive... that $1500 would cover the cost of three mid priced Shoei's or Arai's over the course of 20 years.

As for the HUD, Bluetooth, etc. I'm not into having extra techie gadgets on my bikes*. Everything I need to be aware of while riding is available just by looking through the helmet shield... mirrors, instrument cluster, and the road ahead. For myself, anything else is just an unnecessary distraction.

* My iphone goes along for the ride in my tail bag.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cool lid. Too expensive. It will be interesting to see if HUD technology permeates into the rest of the helmet industry and we see some cheaper options. I would love to test one and see if the HUD is beneficial or too distracting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts