Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, Q, do your frame sliders stick out past how much your handle bars do?
I had a look this morning. When the handlebar is at full lock left or right, the framesliders stick out by the same amount. Very nice.. this means that the fairing has a nice cushion... Now I wonder if the turn signals will bend enough or break off before they can damage the fairing attachment points...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had these for a couple months. My wife likes the fact that these double as secondary pegs for me, while she uses mine on long trips.

·
Registered
400 Posts
nice,ive helped install these on another member's bike..not sure if the same brand,but looks to be the same setup.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: The sliders have been put to their first test.

I came out of a store to find my bike lying on it's port side.
The only damage was cosmetic:
- lightly scuffed LH mirror housing edge
- lightly scuffed GIVI top case
- slightly bent sidestand foot-catch-thing
- lightly scuffed LH bar end

That's it.
The delicate painted body parts are completely untouched.

Yay. If the paint had been scratched, I'd have a dilemma on my hands about whether to re-paint or replace the side fairings or just have a rashed bike (I opted not to get comprehensive insurance on such a low cost bike).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for finding these furious! I wanted something but the $180 YoshiMira wanted seemed like a rip-off.

I actually ordered a set before you posted your damage report. I'm feeling pretty smart right now!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn't want those on my machine, any real hit and they're going to cause more damage they they'd prevent. Sliders mounted precariously on levers like that are a bad plan. The Yosh's at least grab the frame in multiple spots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't want those on my machine, any real hit and they're going to cause more damage they they'd prevent. Sliders mounted precariously on levers like that are a bad plan. The Yosh's at least grab the frame in multiple spots.
Interesting. I've been weighing these vs the Yosh's myself. I had only really payed attention to the position where they were mounted... the Yosh's being higher up pokin out the cowl. I wonder which position protects more of the bike?

But ya... the Yosh do look more solidly mounted.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. I had weighed these concerns when I installed them. I'm going primarily for protecting the side fairings during a tip over or a low side. A more violent incident like a high side slamming the bike down from height carries some risk of damage. In 35+ years and 400,000+ miles of riding how many high sides have I had ? well.. 0. If I lose this bike to one, I'll probably stop riding anyhow...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
When bikes crash.. they roll, tumble, spin end for end.. Ive never seen the value of these things on a street bike.

But these ones are so low the yoshi ones look way better at saving damage on falling off the stand etc.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When bikes crash.. they roll, tumble, spin end for end.. Ive never seen the value of these things on a street bike.

But these ones are so low the yoshi ones look way better at saving damage on falling off the stand etc.
Yep, these things have saved my S3 and 250 from tipover damage. I don't see them saving anything in a bad wreck (and yes, they may tweak the frame in these cases).

The Intuitive Sliders have already saved my bike from a tip over, low mount or no low mount. The bike was resting on the slider and the handle bar end with room to spare between the side fairing and the ground. Also, the place where this happened was at quite a camber so the bike took a bigger fall than it would have on level ground.

These things worked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
just installed them on my bike. fit perfect. hopefully i will not need them but atleast they are there. thanks for the pictures, it helped me out. and what a surprise 'aufit' is not in favor of these or any other modification of any kind whatsoever. lol. i like them, glad i got them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sheesh. With all of these dropped bike stories, you guys are making me nervous about parking anywhere but in my own garage.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just installed them on my bike. fit perfect. hopefully i will not need them but atleast they are there. thanks for the pictures, it helped me out. and what a surprise 'aufit' is not in favor of these or any other modification of any kind whatsoever. lol. i like them, glad i got them.
If I were planning to race, I wouldn't put these on. The bike is going to crash and when it does, these things will probably render the bike useless after the frame gets bent. I'd just do what others do and buy a set of disposable 'race plastics' that you expect to sacrifice when the bike goes down (not if, when :) ).
My bike is more likely to fall over than crash, and the sliders have already saved my fairings once. If I crash on the street I think I'll have lot more to worry about than losing a $4000 bike (last crash was 25 years ago or so, been more careful ever since)...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts