Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any one is interested or not but I will be doing a run from western Iowa to Estes park CO. Sometime at the end of June. I plan to do camping the whole way up there and stay for a few days checking out the mountains and parks and local gyms. I am familiar with Estes but will still be traveling via GPS so I can run what ever roads I find in the Rockies, I have a younger brother in Denver if I need any support for anything once I am there. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
493 Posts
So your a gym aficionado? :p
I love CO! Sounds like a nice trip. Doing that on a 250? Awesome! I don't have one if these bikes yet. Soon though.
I have too many trips planned this year already...
Arkansas in april, Montana in june, Tennessee/ Kentucky in july, SD in august...
All on my FZ1.
Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So your a gym aficionado? :p
I love CO! Sounds like a nice trip. Doing that on a 250? Awesome! I don't have one if these bikes yet. Soon though.
I have too many trips planned this year already...
Arkansas in april, Montana in june, Tennessee/ Kentucky in july, SD in august...
All on my FZ1.
Enjoy your trip!
Gym aficionado..not really:rolleyes::D
to be honest I am just an old school gym rat and would be happy if I could find some one who owns a hole in the wall with a power rack and bars and heavy dumbbells and maybe some Olympic gear to play with.
Every one has there addictions I am just more open with some of mine then most :eek:. Some may smirk and say is it really an addiction. Well I have been working 12hr shifts for 8-9 years and I have to be up a 2am in the morning to lift to make it to work on time and to have time for my kids and wife when I get home. I don't notice the hardship of getting up any more just like those on meth don't notice the hardship of not having teeth.
So trying to find a gym while I am there is a goal for me, plus I want to see how worthless I am doing front squats at that altitude.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding to the top of Mount Evans is an epic destination in Colorado. 14,000 feet elevation. The highest paved road in North America. Just 35 miles each way from Idaho Springs right off of I70. I rode my bicycle up in 2000 but just realized I haven't yet scanned the photos into digital.
Mount Evans - Bicycling the Mount Evans Scenic Byway
This sound great! I am still getting Ideas down for my trip. So I will look in to this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I will be interested to hear how the fuel injected CBR250R handles the high altitude at 14,000 feet. I'm sure it would run fine, even if it could only make half power. My carbureted Ninja might get up there and fail to restart and then I would have to give it a push and coast back down. We drove to the top on a scouting mission the week before my bike ride and I didn't notice the car running poorly at all but I wasn't driving.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its two hours away from estes.. I am doing it.:D I plan to take some picks and keep an audio journal so I will let you know how it goes with the fuel injection. My goal is that at the end of the trip I can write something that is good as CBR250R (board member) pluss motivate the old laddy to buy my Ural sooner so she can come along.:rolleyes: You know...for her sake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts