Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to get this 'other driver' behavior when I'm in the cage... but on the bike -- dayum... Today's sample:

Today's Learning Experience

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is your camera mounted ? I like the height and the view ...
It's a GoPro, mounted with the suction, and an extender, on the gas tank, just short of the cap. Sticks like glue, and since it's behind the windscreen, there's no problem with speed.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I noticed that your right hand left the bar for a few seconds at the end of the video. Can I presume that you were giving the driver the universal salute to inattentive driving?

BTW, I had a similar (but not as close) encounter today with the same make/model truck. Mine was Silver, though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed that your right hand left the bar for a few seconds at the end of the video. Can I presume that you were giving the driver the universal salute to inattentive driving?

BTW, I had a similar (but not as close) encounter today with the same make/model truck. Mine was Silver, though.
You presume correctly... You can see him passing without so much as a "sorry I didn't give a #%$^ that I almost caused you to t-bone me..."

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
good save , nice escape route

next time don't even honk , he could get startled and hit you.
he didn't even notice you where there , if you honk they get scared and jerk the wheel :eek:

should have been paying attention in the first place , good thing you were :)

this happens sooooo much , don't even get mad anymore , just be happy we are still alive ;)

do you ride with you high beams on !? this helps alot , people think twice before pulling out when they see a bright light because they feel they are the ones in danger :eek:;)

they would have said you were speeding , but the gopro would have prevail :cool:

celebrate , you are alive :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice save. Bad driver

·
Registered
636 Posts
seems that most of us come across this kind of thing almost everytime were out riding, and like you pointed out BKP, when driving in cage the occurence is much less often. they just dont see us!!or dont care..glad you were able to react and get out in one piece..

·
Registered
501 Posts
Its normal around here . Almost on a daily basis. Tailgaters coming from the next state over, locals just pull out in front of you. Got lucky today, just great riding.

What i hate is cars going so fast up to stop sign and there going so fast you dont know if there going to stop or keep going. And the usually are sticking out in the road when they do stop. Those kind of drivers its hard to read what there going to do

·
1,305 Posts
nicely handled, i second SS's highbeam comment.

i had a lady U turn from the other direction into my lane last week, didn't have the open lane to move into so i had to share the lane on her inside.
she was on her phone, on second thoughts... using my horn when i was next to her wasn't the best idea... but luckily nothing got crushed.

man i really want a gopro.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I have to agree with y'all -- the horn was probably a bad idea... live and learn... ('live' being the operative word...)

And for those of you (old enough) that remember the original TV Series Hill Street Blues :

"Be careful out there..."

·
Registered
404 Posts
Remember that most people aren't jerks. Motorcycles are small relative to the background and naturally missed by drivers much more often. That is the deal we all make when we ride a smallish bike. Assume you are fully invisible, choose your lane position considering your visibility as well as escape routes, have a brightly colored bike or brightly colored gear.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had one guy pull out just like you he saw me as he looked out the passanger window and came to a hault in the road. He was supprised I was there and he was not sure if I should go around him or just keep moving down the road. The whole time I am thinking "just get moving this is a 60mph road".

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had one guy pull out just like you he saw me as he looked out the passanger window and came to a hault in the road. He was supprised I was there and he was not sure if I should go around him or just keep moving down the road. The whole time I am thinking "just get moving this is a 60mph road".
I'm sure most situations are accidental, as opposed to maliciously inattentive. However, have to say -- I'm seeing more and more teenage un-guided missiles staring at their latest text, instead of the road... more mid-road makeup donners... and more telephone two-handed gesticulators behind the wheel, than ever before...

All that's left is for the manufacturers to start installing TV's in the driver's console...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Its all ages to fucin busy talkin on phones and even drinking something at the same time. i see it all the time. Most people that pull out in front of me are in a hurry or to fucin busy on their phones. Last friday seen some guy swerving all over. Seen the fucin idiot was texting when got around him. I wont even answer my cell phone when im driving. Only reason i have a cell phone is because my job pays for it otherwise it get rid of it. As you can tell i hate cell phones. No one is so fucin important that they got have a phone glued to their ass.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I commute daily and see **** like this all the time; lots of shitty drivers in SoCal.

Awesome camera angle, I have a contour with the same suction cup, how in the world did you get a seal on the tank? I was so sure it cant be done that I went to hell and back installing the tinted windscreen, which kills that angle all together.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had this happen to me a few times since I've been riding the past month I've owned my bike. On Easter Sunday a young girl in a S10 pulled out in front of me as I was making a left turn from under an overpass. She was making a U-turn and wasn't looking back when she pulled out.

Nice save. Keep them eyes peel and always expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think I have to agree with y'all -- the horn was probably a bad idea... live and learn... ('live' being the operative word...)

And for those of you (old enough) that remember the original TV Series Hill Street Blues :

"Be careful out there..."
I kind of liked the second sarge's close to the morning...no way to put it into practice when it's bike v car though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts