Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking I'm going to just wait for the CBR to come in. It was too nice of a ride.

In Naperville, IL, I'm thinking $5,200 for non-ABS is probably going to be the standard.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welll your base model msrp is 3,999, 4499 for the abs. that is the easy part. next thing is is your dealer going to charge you for the around 300$ shipping fee, each dealer is different when it comes to stuff like that. sales tax may vary from ohio to IL. in ohio its 6.75, then your intrest if you finance a loan and if you put money down, also which warranty you choose to purchase if at all.. there are lots of variables to factor in but your basic math is right there..hope that helps a little..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welll your base model msrp is 3,999, 4499 for the abs. that is the easy part. next thing is is your dealer going to charge you for the around 300$ shipping fee, each dealer is different when it comes to stuff like that. sales tax may vary from ohio to IL. in ohio its 6.75, then your intrest if you finance a loan and if you put money down, also which warranty you choose to purchase if at all.. there are lots of variables to factor in but your basic math is right there..hope that helps a little..
Okay. Illinois is, I think, the same sales tax as what you described.

I was wondering what the freight fee was. He did say something around $300. And like $250 for setup upon arrival.

I just think $5200 seems like a lot, but I guess it's not. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I paid a little over $4200.00 out the door for my non-abs, $5200.00 sounds high. Hope you find a better deal.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If your dealer is saying 5200$ with a warranty, that sounds about right, but without that is a few hundred bucks high.. I know that waiting is tough but the first dealership i had a deposit with was ready to charge me a 300 frieght fee and 250 for set up. the dealer i ended up buying from didnt charge the 300 frieght and knocked 50 bucks off the setup. Im a big believer in calling around to all the dealers within about 75 miles and seeing who most customer friendly..and wallet friendly.. once again good luck.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Just the 1 yr warranty. It was the only dealer in a couple hundred miles that even had one. It was either pay that or buy a more expensive 650ish size bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just the 1 yr warranty. It was the only dealer in a couple hundred miles that even had one. It was either pay that or buy a more expensive 650ish size bike.
Yep, that's what I'm up against, too. I think that they are charging MSRP only, but they're still getting their money in the "setup" fee and they are probably overcharging the "freight" fee and who knows what else they can throw in there.

It makes me sick!

And the stealership that has the Ninja coming in this week is charging the exact same thing. (Same MSRP).

Freaking stealerships.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was out the door at $5,100.00 for Non ABS. My dealer through in a HJC helmet and a mesh Joe Rocket jacket. The extras helped me justify my sore fee butt.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I only got a 20% discount on accesories. Me and the wife both got helmets and she got a pair of gloves. Better then a stick in the eye I guess.

·
Registered
131 Posts
For the CBR250R MSRP, It shouldnt be more than $4500. But it seems like some dealers know how badly people want it and jack the price knowing people will pay for it just to get it. It sucks but what can you do. Try negotiating a better price, dont let them make top dollar on you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was out the door at $5,100.00 for Non ABS. My dealer through in a HJC helmet and a mesh Joe Rocket jacket. The extras helped me justify my sore fee butt.
Nice... not a bad deal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any dealer who charges more than $20 to literally peal back the crate and top off the fluids is ripping you off. They spend more time checking off things on the final inspection checklist than they do working on the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It all depends on your area.
I was able to get mine for MSRP plus TTL, no freight or prep charges.
$4333.00 out the door.
There were 2 dealers in the area that had then sitting on the show floor

·
Registered
681 Posts
It all depends on your area.
I was able to get mine for MSRP plus TTL, no freight or prep charges.
$4333.00 out the door.
There were 2 dealers in the area that had then sitting on the show floor
Wow! Nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts