Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Sure seems like it is too much to me, but prices in HI may be higher compared to the continental U.S.

For that price you should be able to get a newer CBR300R I would think.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
You'll never convince me that a 10 year old bike is still worth HALF of it's original MSRP. I don't care how well it was maintained.
If you have $2500 to burn, why wouldn't you just saunter over to the nearest Honda dealer and use it as a down payment on a new 2022 CBR300R? Half the bike's cost would be paid off already.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
744 Posts
You'll never convince me that a 10 year old bike is still worth HALF of it's original MSRP. I don't care how well it was maintained.
If you have $2500 to burn, why wouldn't you just saunter over to the nearest Honda dealer and use it as a down payment on a new 2022 CBR300R? Half the bike's cost would be paid off already.
YAP....but:
The approach depends on who the buyer is, and the condition of the used motorcycle. There is no right or wrong here. For those who know how to manage the maintenance of their motorcycle effectively, buying a second-hand motorcycle can be a very profitable financial deal. And I can give many reasons, here are some for example:
1. The insurance premiums against theft can be saved.
2. The loss of value after a year is marginal.
3. Your money works for you and not for the bank interest.

P.S. When it comes to a second hand motorcycle, with few miles, first hand, with a history of maintenance in a good garage, it is worth paying more, compared to saving say $1000 with a similar motorcycle that is in scrap condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts