Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the effect of the Earthquake in Japan on delivery of the Honda CBR250R's to the US? I would assume, and I could be wrong, that the bikes are already "on the water" being shipped to the US by boat.... hopefully they are not still at the factory as its been shut-down and I'm sure the Ports are all tied up wiht emergency goods and not CBR250's to ship out

Hope everyone in Japan is OK - best wishes from a Honda super-fan.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I agree hope Japan is all well.

As for production of the CBR250R there are no plants in Japan that assembly the CBR250 the Plants are in Malaysia or India or Thailand, i can't remember off the top of my head.

But as for parts related to the CBR250, that are assembled in Japan, we are un-aware ATM of what is and isn't affected.

I'm sure in Japan ATM it isn't the highest priority to assemble bikes and cars, and just to get get their people safe, as they are a very proud and loyal country, as even on the news i herd that when looting happened @ stores it wasn't their own people it was foreigners...

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
61 Posts
AFAIK, CBR250R is manufactured and assembled in India and Thailand.
So the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami will not affect the production or delivery of the CBR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
AFAIK, CBR250R is manufactured and assembled in India and Thailand.
So the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami will not affect the production or delivery of the CBR.
I was thinking the same thing. Last time I heard North America will get its shipments from India. I'm not 100% on this though so I might be wrong. If anything I think the production and delivery won't be affected at all by the disaster in Japan.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Last time I heard North America will get its shipments from India. I'm not 100% on this though so I might be wrong. If anything I think the production and delivery won't be affected at all by the disaster in Japan.

But are there any parts or part that has to be manufactured in Japan?

Or is the entire bike, made in Thailand/India?

I would assume that some part of the CBR250, or at least some parts are affected.

·
281 Posts
While I certainly do not know for sure, I am confident that the Thailand plant, which Honda, in press releases has indicated is the source for CBR250's destined for North America, relies on Japan for some of the parts for this product. RDLVIPER has indicated the Thai plant is shut down. If this is the case, it is probably due to parts not available from Japan..........

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes there is an effect

I ordered my ABS 250R here in Japan. The dealer explained that some of the delay I would experience before delivery was due to a slowdown in production of some parts made in Japan. As we all know, the bikes final assembly takes place in Thailand and India, but many parts are Made in Japan. My total wait for the bike once I order is 4 weeks. How much of that is due to the quake is not clear.
Incidentally, the delay is not due to direct damage from the quake, rather due to slowdown of the production line of parts, to conserve electricity after the loss of capacity due to the Fukushima plant being lost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts