Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all big thanks to BIOHAZARDCYCLES! Great Product, Great Price, Great Experience. Will be buying from you again!

In all honesty, Jardine wasn't my first choice. The price was for a full system was a huge factor. I am an FMF fan. Just had good experience with FMF and dirtbikes. But the FMF slip on for our CBRs in carbon fiber didn't have a CF end cap which was just what i preferred. The Jardine system does have a CF cap, and a cool looking one at that! So i was sold.

I got a little excited and opened the box in the living room. Also, excuse the Iphone pics.

Install was a cake walk :)
if you have ever changed the oil on your car, you can do this.

Overall Review:
The Exhaust is loud. But all systems are loud and sound pretty similar for our CBRs. Maybe ill try the "bar drain" mod later down the road. But I'm pretty happy with it for now :) - actually i felt like it saved me today. I was on a 3 lane road and in the far left lane with the median/curb on one side and a semi on the other. im pretty sure he didnt see me, but i up shifted and accelerated
to make a little noise. The driver heard me just as he was drifting into my lane... worth $350 bucks already haha

Performace:
I didnt notice an immediate performance boost. Riding up and down the block wasn't blown away. Driving to work i did feel the extra pull in normal riding. adds a little extra power.

Sound:
Like i said, its loud. May be too loud for some. WOT can drone at some RPMS- more so lower in the power band. Tone is taste pending. Sounds good to me! But then again i knew what to expect. From the looks of the bike, it should sound like your average 600- but it doesn't lol. It never will.

ALL things considered- Im happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Looks very good quality and well made.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a newbie to a fuel injected bike but I have to ask. With carbs you have to rejet to get the full effect of the horsepower increase, does the CBR's fuel injection understand to richen the mixture? If not how do you adjust with a programmer or raise fuel pressure? BTW I love the look. Are you going to dyno it to see what horsepower increase you got?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very good quality and well made.
yeah i was pretty impressed with quality. i hope the finish lasts over the CF.

the SS has stared to turn from a dull spoon look to more of goldish tint with the heat. so the color looks more vibrant- maybe a pic when it looks a little darker...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a newbie to a fuel injected bike but I have to ask. With carbs you have to rejet to get the full effect of the horsepower increase, does the CBR's fuel injection understand to richen the mixture? If not how do you adjust with a programmer or raise fuel pressure? BTW I love the look. Are you going to dyno it to see what horsepower increase you got?
nah, no need to hit the dyno. im sure i wouldnt be impressed. kinda useless too since i never had a baseline run.

being fi, the ecu will adjust itself. im not looking to spend $1000 trying to make this bike fast. the pipe was more for looks, sound and the extra little bit of "power" was just a bonus. the look is exactly what i wanted. the sound is what it is, atleast im heard now. and the power isnt enought to make you forget your on a 250 lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
tlikethedrink,

ecu wont learn itself on a full system,unless you reset it and allow it to relearn again.
Its from my experience i am saying.
Already you have ridden the exhaust changed the bike,now goto a authorised dealer and get ecu resetted.
Never do it yourself,
after doing it,check the difference in performance of the bike and reply..
I am sure you would be happy after the ECU Reset.

Also theres a thread on this forum where someone tested the bike with full system,with and without ECM reset

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you have any comments on loudness of this exhaust? Maybe how it would compare to some of the Leo Vince or Two Brothers pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts