Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems 2nd gear is little jerky as in if i let go of the gas it jerks my whole body forward. i dont recall this in 1st and 1st would be understandable. the speed is between 20 and 30km per hour. anyone experienced this?

·
281 Posts
It seems 2nd gear is little jerky as in if i let go of the gas it jerks my whole body forward. i dont recall this in 1st and 1st would be understandable. the speed is between 20 and 30km per hour. anyone experienced this?
1st as well as 2nd gear are pretty "low"...designed for easy getaway if you have two up or extra weight or are sitting on an incline..or weaving around in heavy traffic or all of the above....it is just harder to sync second with third if you rev to high in second....so you get the jerk unless you rev match and/or are smooth in your clutch release to third gear .....my thought.......

·
Registered
636 Posts
i used to get that kind of play when i would "search" too much for the right amount of throttle to give the bike in a low gear..kind of herky jerky until syncing up the clutch and the gas..dont know if that helps..hope your ride gets smoother..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, too explain little better I don't have a problem with the actual sync - this is after I have shifter into 2nd, and the clutch is completely out. I'm driving now in 2nd, I add little gas from 20 to 25 it is not too bad for most part,but when i let the gas out - it jerks. Little jerk on adding gas, and allot of jerk on letting gas out.

·
745 Posts
How much play is in your throttle? In the lower gears, smooth throttle operation is a must. If you have a lot of play, it's hard to roll the throttle in or out smoothly. Check the manual for instructions on how to adjust.

Several riders (including me) had excessive throttle play on delivery. Simple fix.

·
Registered
455 Posts
this is a old post. but sounds like torque to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts