Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
nice picture. One concern though is the vignetting you are getting. With no post, something has to be off. Are you stacking filters or are you using the correct lens shade? Some people like the look of the vignette, but It is often better to avoid it until post. Start with the best image you can get, and then work with it. It can save you a ton of time. There are different lenses for different sensor sizes as well. Some of the cannon digital lenses are not intended for all of there cameras.
just looked up the lens, this is from a review... Some vignetting will be apparent to Full Frame and 1.3x FOVCF DSLR users until stopped down f/2 or so. seems like optical vignetting, there should be an on camera correction for this as well. It can also be corrected in post in raw processing, but having to do that to all images can be a pain.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice picture. One concern though is the vignetting you are getting. With no post, something has to be off. Are you stacking filters or are you using the correct lens shade? Some people like the look of the vignette, but It is often better to avoid it until post. Start with the best image you can get, and then work with it. It can save you a ton of time. There are different lenses for different sensor sizes as well. Some of the cannon digital lenses are not intended for all of there cameras.
just looked up the lens, this is from a review... Some vignetting will be apparent to Full Frame and 1.3x FOVCF DSLR users until stopped down f/2 or so. seems like optical vignetting, there should be an on camera correction for this as well. It can also be corrected in post in raw processing, but having to do that to all images can be a pain.
It's my lens hood, sometimes I don't screw it on all the way, so it creates a bit of a vignette. Plus a 35 wide open on a full frame has a bit of a vingette

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's my lens hood, sometimes I don't screw it on all the way, so it creates a bit of a vignette. Plus a 35 wide open on a full frame has a bit of a vingette
I figured either stacked filters or lens shade issue. That lens and camera should only have a vignette that is that bad pretty much wide open. That does not appear to be the case there though. It is pretty much the down side of full frame DSLRs though... The nicer wide angle lenses that open wide tend to have issues.
Canon is going to be converting many of its current APS-C cameras to full frame, maybe then they will invest more into lens development instead of still selling the film lenses even though they no longer sell film cameras.
On a side note, they just launched a new camera as well... costs more than my 250 for the body... 1D-X $6800.

What do you normally photograph? I have done everything from product, to glamour, to concert, to portraight, to architectural, to landscape... I love photography, but the biggest mistake I ever made was making it into my job. Kind of took most of the fun out of it. Only good thing was the concert side... free passes to see many cool bands play and the chance to shoot at clubs were cameras were not allowed. Shot mostly punk bands. Product was cake, but boring, portraiture was a nightmare when you had quasimoto want you to make them look like cinderella. Architectural generally dealt with people who took forever to pay you, and landscape just did not do it for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured either stacked filters or lens shade issue. That lens and camera should only have a vignette that is that bad pretty much wide open. That does not appear to be the case there though. It is pretty much the down side of full frame DSLRs though... The nicer wide angle lenses that open wide tend to have issues.
Canon is going to be converting many of its current APS-C cameras to full frame, maybe then they will invest more into lens development instead of still selling the film lenses even though they no longer sell film cameras.
On a side note, they just launched a new camera as well... costs more than my 250 for the body... 1D-X $6800.

What do you normally photograph? I have done everything from product, to glamour, to concert, to portraight, to architectural, to landscape... I love photography, but the biggest mistake I ever made was making it into my job. Kind of took most of the fun out of it. Only good thing was the concert side... free passes to see many cool bands play and the chance to shoot at clubs were cameras were not allowed. Shot mostly punk bands. Product was cake, but boring, portraiture was a nightmare when you had quasimoto want you to make them look like cinderella. Architectural generally dealt with people who took forever to pay you, and landscape just did not do it for me.
I just saw the announcement for the 1D-X, I'd rather buy another bike though, haha. Personally I'm more concerned about lenses than bodies. Lenses will last you forever if you take care of them, bodies will always break down at some point.

I shoot mostly weddings and portraits, I also freelance for several (rock/music) magazines and a couple of tabloids (shame...). I shoot lots of live shows as well, you can check out my website in my signature, although I never really update it. I keep my facebook album updated frequently, haha! Photography is my job, but I don't ever consider it a job, more like a privilege. That way it never gets old.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 5d mkII and a 35mm 1.4 and it has no vignette. It doesn't vignette with a 16-35 2.8 with a lens hood. It will vignette when i put a Tokina 11-16 on it, but that lense for for my cropped 7D. However you can see the shadow of the lens when using a flash with the wider lenses. maybe you are shooting RAW and have a vignette set for the processing, even though you rent touching color. this isnt a camera forum though..... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts