Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I just bought a brand new 2011 Honda CBR250r with ABS in red earlier today. I paid $4498.66 OTD. I supposedly paid about $15 over dealer cost, you can't beat that with a stick.

This is how I got the deal. I saw a listing on cycletrader.com for a brand new 2011 CBR250 (No ABS) for $3,549 and the only dealer charges were $95 doc fee and a $15 title fee and tax. I knew this was a deal b/c MSRP is $3999 for the base model and this particular dealer's fees were the lowest out of any dealership in the state if Ohio. I would have bought this bike at that dealership but it was over 2 hrs away! So I called all of my local dealerships and see if any of them had an left over 2011 bikes, only one did BUT it was with ABS so I asked if he could match their price and fee structure and just add $500 for the ABS feature. They agreed and said they are willing to do the deal just to move stock. When I got there I even tried to go $4400 but he showed me his invoice sheet and manufacturer kickback, my OTD price of $4498.66 was only $12 over dealer cost. I agreed to the price. I'm sure they probably made a little more but this is still fantastic deal as the MSRP for a 2011 CBR250r w/ abs is $4499 (Price I paid OTD). I figured I saved about $700. Not bad.

I was torn between a cbr250 and 2012 Ninja 250r but when I sat on both the Honda felt much more comfortable than the ninja and it felt much lighter. The ninja felt top heavy, akward and bulky. Also the Ninja looks dated and has some old technology. IMO, the CBR far outshines the ninja.

I was able to get the sales guy to drive the bike home and then I took him back. The sales guy commented that the CBR felt quicker off the line when compared to the ninja. It was cool to see someone riding the bike to see what it really looks like on the street. I couldn't take my eyes off the bike, it looks awesome on the road. I'm really glad I chose the red over the black. I don't normally like red but it looks great on this bike and it goes with the Honda theme color. Also, black is less visible and sucks at night. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Here is a video I put together of my new bike:

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! I haven't even ridden it yet lol. It was too dark. I went there 1 hour b4 they dealership closed at 6:00 pm

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It nice to see your bike in action and to hear it also. In my case I've never seen another on the road and I live in a big city! How strange is that, and No I am not a hermit. Anyway, I agree with you about black, I like to be seen at night.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice

Welcome

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx all. Question: How can I verify that I have ABS? My pink slip has "AB" after the model #. How can you tell by looking at the brakes. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi DudeMan

Same colour as my 2012 model - ABS also, good buy - they are $6500 on the here in Australia !
Have a look at your front and rear discs - you will see a smaller disc nearer the hub with small slots around the edge. This part of the ABS system.
Cheers
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
thanx all. Question: How can I verify that I have ABS? My pink slip has "AB" after the model #. How can you tell by looking at the brakes. Sorry, I'm a newbie.
3 piston front brake caliper. I'm sure the dealer gave you what you asked for though

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here si the wheel:

·
Registered
149 Posts
ABS for sure. Grats on the new ride!

Side note: Is that the color our wheels are supposed to be? Wow, I REALLY need to clean my bike!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ +1

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the future I would like to get the wheels powder coated black. (I think you can do that?)

Has anyone switched accent pieces with someone that has a black cbr? Black accent pieces on red should look hot as well as silver accent pieces on black would look hot too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Check out tyga performance. They sell pre-painted fairings and other parts fairly cheap for 250r. Red, black, and silver i believe. Also congrats on the new bike and welcome.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx. I checked it out and they those parts are super expensive. Doesn't look like I'll be upgrading much.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
In the future I would like to get the wheels powder coated black. (I think you can do that?)

Has anyone switched accent pieces with someone that has a black cbr? Black accent pieces on red should look hot as well as silver accent pieces on black would look hot too.
Yes..I haven't, but I've seen it done (my wife won't do it, though, **** her) I'm working with a guy who works at my dealer who is interested in turning his black/black to a black/silver. I'll post pics if the deal goes through. if it doesn't, I may just paint them black or cover them with vinyl.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes..I haven't, but I've seen it done (my wife won't do it, though, **** her) I'm working with a guy who works at my dealer who is interested in turning his black/black to a black/silver. I'll post pics if the deal goes through. if it doesn't, I may just paint them black or cover them with vinyl.
Cool, I bet it will look good. I wander how plasticote would look on the accent pieces. I'd have to have the wheels powder-coated black before I thought about that, otherwise it wouldn't look as good. I don't know what Honda was thinking when they decided to go with silver wheels, black looks so much better and goes with any color scheme.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I took the bike out for the very time today! My very first time shifting on a motorcycle. It took me all of 5 mins and I was cruising the streets. I need to get a little better at smoothing the shifts out. I'm glad a rode a 150cc scooter for several months before hoping on the bike, the scooter gave me street experience.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts