Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total noob, never done anything like this but it seems easy enough. The pipe came with instructions but I figured since some of you had experience with it I could ask here for help.

Do I really need some fancy torque wrench? If so where can I get a cheap one? Any other tips or advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
don't worry about a torque wrench. Most likely you will strip the bolt trying to figure it out. Just make sure you have a good set of sockets. Metric.remember to use the anti seize stuff on the bolts that should have came with the pipe. Pay attention to everything when your taking it apart and watch out for the weight of the stock muffler when pulling it off. Its heavier than it looks. Catches you off guard.
Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the stainless steel slip on. Maybe it's best if I install the silencer it comes with.

I saw it requires a drill, don't have that either. Going to get pricey just to install the **** thing, LOL.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It take TWO bolts to install the slip on

Undo the nut on the clamp down near the underbelly pan,

Undo the bolt on the exhaust hanger / foot peg

Twist and pull

Install new one the opposite way.

Note, You may have to remove the packing left on the header pipe, Im personally not sure, I installed a full system on my bike.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got the stainless steel slip on. Maybe it's best if I install the silencer it comes with.

I saw it requires a drill, don't have that either. Going to get pricey just to install the **** thing, LOL.
Its a easy job and even with the silencer in its still loud. Getting the silencer in the end of the pipe actually the hardest part of the installation. The fit was to tight had to do a little grinding and sanding to get it to go in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a easy job and even with the silencer in its still loud. Getting the silencer in the end of the pipe actually the hardest part of the installation. The fit was to tight had to do a little grinding and sanding to get it to go in.
I keep hearing people talking about how loud the aftermarket exhausts are for the CBR250R. Are they any louder than any of the other pipes I hear out there on other bikes? I mean in traffic I pass a lot of other sports bikes that are loud but I don't think they are that bad.

I'm wondering if this is just because we've become so accustomed to the silent stock exhaust or because they genuinely are obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have tools and can help... not that I know what I am doing though. probably about an hour away. Might be nice to help somebody do it before I have to do it to mine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I keep hearing people talking about how loud the aftermarket exhausts are for the CBR250R. Are they any louder than any of the other pipes I hear out there on other bikes? I mean in traffic I pass a lot of other sports bikes that are loud but I don't think they are that bad.

I'm wondering if this is just because we've become so accustomed to the silent stock exhaust or because they genuinely are obnoxiously loud.
Honestly on the bike its not to bad. I have a full system on my 600 and its not as loud as the 250. I let someone ride my 250 the other day and i was shocked how loud it was from afar. He was on the gas hard and it was crazy loud. My 600 can get as loud but its more high strung. Where the 250 is just explosive. It sounds like a 4-wheeler at the mx track.
Loud n proud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have tools and can help... not that I know what I am doing though. probably about an hour away. Might be nice to help somebody do it before I have to do it to

@Spiked, I managed to get it installed, it actually wasn't tough at all though one of the bolts on my old exhaust was on so tight that it snapped it two when I tried to get it off. Once I had the stock off the Yoshi went on easy as butter, the hardest part was drilling a hole in the stock header to place a rivet that holds the Yoshi to the header. I appreciate the offer for help and would like to extend the same offer to you once you get your pipe, if you need help I'd be happy to assist ;) Contact me at [email protected].

For anyone else considering a Yoshi, it sounds amazing! I was blown away at how loud it really is, (it actually hurts my ears when riding it) I figured people were exaggerating but they weren't. It's seriously probably too loud. I live in a apartment complex and ride to work early in the AM since I work for a TV station, so my biggest concerns are pissing off my neighbors and getting possibly ticketed for sound ordinance. I plan to try the silencer it came with, I put it in and tried it (it knocks it down a tad, not much) but the factory evidently forgot to punch the hole for the securing bolt, I need to drill it. So overall I like it, way too loud, but it finally sounds like a "real" bike. I'll let you guys know how things go.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the hardest part was drilling a hole in the stock header to place a rivet that holds the Yoshi to the header.

but the factory evidently forgot to punch the hole for the securing bolt, I need to drill it.
I'm about to install mine prolly this weekend. Would you mind posting a couple of pics of where you drilled the header and where you will be drilling the securing bolt? First I've heard about having to drill anything and want to be prepped for when I install mine.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm about to install mine prolly this weekend. Would you mind posting a couple of pics of where you drilled the header and where you will be drilling the securing bolt? First I've heard about having to drill anything and want to be prepped for when I install mine.

Thanks
When you slip the new exhaust over the original header you will see a hole in the Yoshimura pipe, use it as a guide. Drilling should be your one of last steps, make sure you have the exhaust bolt on everywhere else and set up properly before you drill the hole. Then as I said, use the hole in the end of the yoshi pipe to drill your hole. Make sure you follow the instructions that come with the new exhaust so you use the proper drill bit. It's pretty easy and painless, even for me, and I'm complete noob with little experience with tools!

One last piece of advice, if you don't have a torque wrench buy a nice set of combination wrenches and sockets from Wal-Mart. I got a NICE set for under $30 with everything I needed. ONCE IT'S TIGHT, DON'T KEEP TRYiNG TO TIGHTEN IT! You will strip the bolts! Have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Have a full Yosh. Absolutely love it. Don't find it too loud. Had stage one on my Harley which was louder. The Yosh is much better than the stock exhaust which I felt was ass ugly and lame sounding.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I installed mine with out drilling a hole in the header pipe and installing that rivit. Tighten the clamp down good and its not going anyware. Never used that rivit on any slip on ive installed and never had never had any problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts