Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Laminar Lip screen on bike. Amazing results makes a pocket of dead air . No more buffeting of the helmet and ride is way more comfortable. Cost about 80 bucks money well spent. Great on the free way now and open road. Took some trial and error to set for my ride hight but now it's just perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laminar Lip

I just stumbled across it on the net while doing a search for touring fairings. It's available at laminarlip.com. What it actually does is make an air dead space by allowing wind underneath the screen to meet with air coming up over the top. I was really skeptical until I saw reviews on the Web site. It comes in both the clear and smoke. Designed to be used with stock windscreen. The kit is attached using some kind of Industrial velcro snap locks being held in place with the strongest adhesive 3 M makes. It is a very strong bond as I had to separate it to make adjustments. You can also request nylon nuts and bolts for a more permanent fixture. I have the oem honda touring screen and the lip is way better. Hope I answered all of your questions.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just stumbled across it on the net while doing a search for touring fairings. It's available at laminarlip.com. What it actually does is make an air dead space by allowing wind underneath the screen to meet with air coming up over the top. I was really skeptical until I saw reviews on the Web site. It comes in both the clear and smoke. Designed to be used with stock windscreen. The kit is attached using some kind of Industrial velcro snap locks being held in place with the strongest adhesive 3 M makes. It is a very strong bond as I had to separate it to make adjustments. You can also request nylon nuts and bolts for a more permanent fixture. I have the oem honda touring screen and the lip is way better. Hope I answered all of your questions.
Thank you, slickshawn. I like the look of it on your bike, and I also checked out the website which, as you noted, has multiple reviews (more than I could read at one time!). From your review and the others on the Laminar Lip website, this product looks like an answer to a need many of us have experienced...how to prevent unsettling turbulence at speed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Laminar Lip

cbr250_left.jpg

You can really feel the air stream go over your helmet. I've had the Laminar Lip on my bike for about eight months and I like it. Doesn't seem to make much difference with rain.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just installed the Laminar Lip screen on bike. Amazing results makes a pocket of dead air . No more buffeting of the helmet and ride is way more comfortable. Cost about 80 bucks money well spent. Great on the free way now and open road. Took some trial and error to set for my ride hight but now it's just perfect.
Any advice on how high to mount it?
I am seriously considering this.
Since you guys have fiddled around with it to get it right, would you mind snapping a pic with measurements for the rest of us?

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts