Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)
After 22 years of not riding a bike i have just passed my 250cc test. I had 2 lessons to get me back in the swing of things - big thanks to Rick my instructor !
In Western Australia you need to spend a minimum of 1 year on a 250cc bike, in the other states you can ride a restricted bigger bike.

Down to the Honda shop tomorrow !

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations...
Not sure I disagree with the ozzie rules... I think they make it *too* easy to climb onto a liter first bike, here in the states, without a clue...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! Does that mean you now get to ride around with a big L plate?

Yikes! ;) lol
No "L" plates - because i have a car licence there is no need :)
They know that i should have good road knowledge.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well done Wanderer, always hear good things about that instructor on other forums.

And 250's are better than heavy gutless Lams bikes anyway, gotta be some reason why the Ninja and cbr are the biggest selling bikes in OZ.
Have a good day, do a good deal and enjoy :)

Edit- It will be new and tight and may stall, and even be jerky on the throttle on and off, its no drama just the nature of the beast, after 1000km you'll love it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done Wanderer, always hear good things about that instructor on other forums.

And 250's are better than heavy gutless Lams bikes anyway, gotta be some reason why the Ninja and cbr are the biggest selling bikes in OZ.
Have a good day, do a good deal and enjoy :)

Edit- It will be new and tight and may stall, and even be jerky on the throttle on and off, its no drama just the nature of the beast, after 1000km you'll love it.
Thanks Mate!
Yes Rick races an early 80's RD 350LC down in Collie (he raced last Sunday) nice bloke, i want to get involved again, I used to work at Brands Hatch in England back in the days of Barry Sheene, Freddie Spencer etc. so I am looking forward to the local experience !
Cheers
Paul :)

·
1,305 Posts
sweet, gratz man.

second what Auffit said, don't be shocked to see the bike stall at a stand still when the clutch is held in ( before the 1st service).

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club:D Have fun shopping for your bike, post a pic:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody !
Went to my local dealer today, they had 1 Tricolour - non ABS, 3 or 4 Red's and 4 Blacks but only 1 (Black) had ABS they also had 2 further Tricolours ready and waiting for the buyers to ride them away. They have sold 50 all told since they came out and have not had any problems reported so far except 2 bikes with a slipping clutch - which was put down to owners adjusting them wrongly.
I decided on a RED ABS (which i have ordered) and it is due next week :)
Also decided to have the official Honda tank pad and petrol cap cover fitted by the dealer (free).
Test rode a Tricolor non ABS before ordering - enjoyed the ride.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If thats the Rockingham dealer, when I went getting quotes there they offered the black screen fitted for $100 which is good value as its a bit of a pain to fit.
I dont want one, and bought elswehere, but just passing the info on.

Congrats.. except for the red :p

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If thats the Rockingham dealer, when I went getting quotes there they offered the black screen fitted for $100 which is good value as its a bit of a pain to fit.
I dont want one, and bought elswehere, but just passing the info on.

Congrats.. except for the red :p
Yes bought it from Jenny.......she also prefers black bikes.......i was tempted but the Red still won me over in the end.
They have sold 5 this week alone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts