Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yay dirt sucking air filters, use something other than K&N if you like you'r engine.
+1

I'd love an AEM DryFlo (I have one on my AEM V2 on the Accord), but no way I'm messing with an oiled filter. Yes they can provide better performance (in some cases), but oil it wrong, and you either end up 1. damaging your engine letting crap through the filter due to too little oil, or 2. damage your engine by sucking oil into your engine by putting too much oil.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lol what?? These don't have a MAF sensor.

They do let dirt past them. I doubt the little particles could ever cause damage but it's still a fact that it gets past. And on vehicles equipped with a MAF that dirt contaminates the sensor with in about 5-10k miles and will need cleaned.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Every K&N i have ever seen lets dirt through.
Yep.... Save your money. Buy honda paper filters.

On a similar note, I've also decided to...

1) keep the stock muffler ( till they make one that looks like a Yoshi, but sounds like an Akra

2) keep my stock levers ( till they make one of Pazzo quality at an Adjustable Levers.com price)

3) just enjoy what is already a great bike.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yep.... Save your money. Buy honda paper filters.

On a similar note, I've also decided to...

1) keep the stock muffler ( till they make one that looks like a Yoshi, but sounds like an Akra

2) keep my stock levers ( till they make one of Pazzo quality at an Adjustable Levers.com price)

3) just enjoy what is already a great bike.
AGREE well said

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did you guys with the air filter problems oil the air filter? that seems to be a major part in the K&N filters performance. I dont have one but it seems to be a good idea if it works

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.