Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Have read tidbits here and there on various posts from a number of members to keep one's bike stock without mods until the first service.

Just wondering why? Obviously this is the break-in period, and I would try to be gentle and smooth during this time. Please post with your comments / feedback.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Are you asking a question or making a statement??
+1
sounds like some is bored

real wish list:

preload adj
steel lines
dark screen
m4 street slayer with header
real street tires !
sprocket
shorty controls
juice box
fiber body parts (only if they reduce weight) ??
new brakes, oil & filter :rolleyes:

Dream wish list:
K&N filter, full suspension kit (inverted front & rear shock), big Bore Kits !! (cbr350rr sounds nice) , scott's steering dam., ... i know this one is endless.

any one know when any of these products are expected ?
and what other upgrades can you do ? besides the ones that i already listed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't mean to be unclear, I just don't see that having aftermarket exhaust or other parts on during the break-in period would be harmful. Unless there's some other reason I'm not figuring out. /shrug

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
She's a motorcycle . she does not have any feelings , not even on her break-in "Period"....jajajajaja:D

she does not care what you do , as long as you do it right :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Didn't mean to be unclear, I just don't see that having aftermarket exhaust or other parts on during the break-in period would be harmful. Unless there's some other reason I'm not figuring out. /shrug
If there is some manufacturing defect, it would be much easier to diagnose if the bike is stock, and furthermore, the dealer cannot make lame excuses about any mods you might have made to escape his liabilities.

Most manufacturing defects/assembly problems would probably pop up within the first 5-600miles.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Keep it stock for the 4 days it takes to run it in and get the first service and any warranty issues sorted... and details attended to.

Takes that long to work out what is needed/priority and whats just bs anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts