Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultimate Keychain Alternative | Keyport, Inc.

I'm getting one soon. I don't like how all of my key's hang and rattle against the steering fork. It keeps leaving brass colored metal traces on the paint and I just don't want it to scratch it. Best part is it will be compatible with my Audi, Shop key, Parents House key, and my Apartment key. Then a little flash light on top of that! haha.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good idea but wouldnt work with my car key that has the remote locks/start integrated into the key.

·
745 Posts
Be careful - a lot of car keys have chips imbedded in the plastic head. If you have to break it off to make it fit, it could be expensive...

·
Registered
35 Posts
there's an "auto key checker" at the bottom of there website.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I keep my bike key on it's own leather fob. No need for other keys when I'm on the bike. The key always resides in one of three locations: bike ignition, pocket of my riding jacket or my key basket at home.

I really don't want to have a box 3" high and over an inch wide poking up from the ignition. While the concept is innovative, the execution seems a bit clunky. I think I'll stick with split rings.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, this thing is made to be used with chipped keys. You buy blank blades with chip from them and then have them cut and programmed to your vehicle.

For me my Audi key is a switch blade key. So it's roughly the size of the keyport already. I would keep my Audi key for when I'm not going to ride the bike but if I am on the bike I don't want to have to lug around all my other keys (even in my pocket).

So ya if you have a remote in your key, you lose the remote but this thing should be compatible with everything except maybe the round Jag key and newer BMW, Merc, keys or the ones that don't even plug in like brand new Toyota and Nissan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts