Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to motorcycles so excuse my ignorance but does the kick stand feel like it could of been made to work a bit better? Do all bikes feel this shaky when on stands? and yes I do have the front wheel in the right place.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No... the kickstand kind of sucks. I wish they would have added a center stand but oh well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That side stand is definitely not awesome but I think it's the bike's light weight and not the stand itself that's at cause here. Heavier bikes are much more stable when resting on their side stand. I'm used to sitting on GSXRs and assuming a riding position with both feet on the pegs while the bike is on the side stand.. I tried this once on my bike and almost tipped it over!

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah i agree that i think it's mostly just how light it is that it feels like it's moving around a lot. a bigger bike would feel more planted, but i don't worry about it falling at all

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really don't have any issues with how the bike sits on its stand... I have an issue putting the stand DOWN though while sitting on the bike. I have to move the foot peg with my shoe so I can get it down. Def didn't have to do that on either of my other bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could the sidestand be a little longer? Would that improve stability?..Would another HOnda stand fit-Maybe cbr600/1000? Not sure just a thought..

·
Registered
269 Posts
the kick stands for those are completely different so i dunno. i don't think it's a terrible kick stand, it's such a small bike anyway

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think some one hit it on the head.. its not the kickstand as much as it is the lack of weight wresting on it since this is a light bike. Never thought of it but this is my first bike so I would not know any better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No problems here with the kickstand. Seems sturdy enough for my liking

tho.. The placement or sensitivity of the horn button gets me occassionally, when i reach my thumb over for the turn signal. (I pretend to wave to a friend in passing car when that happens)

·
Registered
33 Posts

tho.. The placement or sensitivity of the horn button gets me occassionally, when i reach my thumb over for the turn signal. (I pretend to wave to a friend in passing car when that happens)
awesome. had to laugh on that one :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I really don't have any issues with how the bike sits on its stand... I have an issue putting the stand DOWN though while sitting on the bike. I have to move the foot peg with my shoe so I can get it down. Def didn't have to do that on either of my other bikes.
I found using the heel of my boot works well. I just have to make sure I look down so I miss the foot peg and shift lever. As far as stability, it seems fine to me. I make sure to park on level surfaces and lock the forks just in case someone gets overeager when looking at it.
You can always use a flattened pop can or kickstand pad on soft ground or hot asphalt so the small stock pad doesn't sink in.

Ah, that's what I'll have to start doing too. :) I'm getting more used to avoiding it, but every once in a while.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm surprised at the comments on the kickstand. One of the many things I like about our bikes is the kickstand. It's light weight, easy to use, and stands the bike up almost upright. The "foot" could be bigger but if you are afraid of it sinking in asphalt, dirt, or sand, you can carry a "coaster" around with you (I kept my Harley coaster for that purpose). You can make a coaster out of most any thing but a soda can will do, as someone said. Here's a link to the Harley one: http://tinyurl.com/3vo274a You can buy them at any Harley store.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, does your stand have the V shaped handle (footle?) welded on and sticking out level when the stand is folded? It makes deployment easy, I can see if it was missing or deformed deployment would be clumsy. Hot asphalt/tarmac - I carry a "parking spot" in my jacket, it's a disc of ~1/8" aluminum, an industrial by product, and set it under the stand to keep it from sinking. Ride safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had the bike sitting in a parking lot on a hot summer day. When I got back to it the kickstand sank into the pavement almost 2 inches. It looked like the bike was about to fall over.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had the bike sitting in a parking lot on a hot summer day. When I got back to it the kickstand sank into the pavement almost 2 inches. It looked like the bike was about to fall over.
As others have said too, I threw a crushed can under my seat from day one just in case. No need unless it's a really hot day though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts