Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can buy a kick stand sensor?? I have lost count of how many times I have nearly dropped this bike because I left it down!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
How do you drop the bike with the stand down?
how about when you take off and forget the stand is down and then you fly to a end street where you can only make a left , but when you try to make a left , guess what , you nailed the guard rail and almost check out because the kick-stand was down and you couldn't turn :eek:

happend to my boy on his F4i stunt bike :(

....his bike WAS a little clapped out , with no upper street-fighter look , rigs all over and zip-ties all over.:eek:

(not a fan of the street-fighter look on street bikes but do LOVE zip-ties on my stunt bikes , they break before the fairings do) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I know a guy who rides a HD Softail who almost forgot to put the stand down. :eek: Now that would be a heavy "oopsy daisey lift".

·
Registered
36 Posts
The motor is supposed to die if you put the bike in gear with the kickstand down. That is what ours did when we were race prepping it. When we took the stand off along with the sensor, we just looped it so it would not die.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
how about when you take off and forget the stand is down and then you fly to a end street where you can only make a left , but when you try to make a left , guess what , you nailed the guard rail and almost check out because the kick-stand was down and you couldn't turn :eek:

happend to my boy on his F4i stunt bike :(

....his bike WAS a little clapped out , with no upper street-fighter look , rigs all over and zip-ties all over.:eek:

(not a fan of the street-fighter look on street bikes but do LOVE zip-ties on my stunt bikes , they break before the fairings do) ;)
I mean a sensor to stop this, will kill the engine if you try to pull away with the kick stand down. I check 9/10 times but I still regularly pull off with it down, hear that horrible scraping sound

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I mean a sensor to stop this, will kill the engine if you try to pull away with the kick stand down. I check 9/10 times but I still regularly pull off with it down, hear that horrible scraping sound
not an expert .... but let me get this straight ..... your kick stand is down but you are still able to put it in gear and drive off .... :confused:

warranty issue !?:confused:

personally don't trust it myself and always swoop my foot by the kick stand as i pull off ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The motor is supposed to die if you put the bike in gear with the kickstand down. That is what ours did when we were race prepping it. When we took the stand off along with the sensor, we just looped it so it would not die.
thats odd, mine does not cut out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not an expert .... but let me get this straight ..... your kick stand is down but you are still able to put it in gear and drive off .... :confused:

warranty issue !?:confused:

personally don't trust it myself and always swoop my foot by the kick stand as i pull off ;)
Yeah, its never cut out. I pull off all the time with it down. Cant believe all your bikes have this! Am a little bit pissed:mad: I have had a few close calls because of this. One time I took off at speed (showing off to a friend) Kick stand was down so i lent the bike right went into the over lane. Hard to explain but this seemed like the best solution at the time.

Guess am heading over to my dealer after work.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
(showing off to a friend)
Guess am heading over to my dealer after work.
showing off does have a tendency to turn around bite you in the ass :(:D

dealer is the best bet ..... chew them out and tell them the electrical components on this bike sucks :mad:

don't forget to swoop before pulling out :D:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
You do it on a regular basis and have almost wiped out because of it and yet you STILL continue to do it on a regular basis???? Maybe park it and drive a car????

As others have said mine shuts off too because I did it once right after I got the bike. It is a nice safety feature because you could end up with a nasty spill with it down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My CBR also dont have Kick Stand Sensor, I just checked yesterday.
Doesnt have any electronic sensors. :(
This is worrying, where you located. I am in Thailand, maybe they dont fit the sensor in some markets i.e SE Asia. Going to the dealer later today, will post what they say.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^not sure why it's a worry. Just remember to flip the kickstand up when you ride, then flip it down when you're done. Many bikes don't have the sensor and people don't ride around with the kickstand down:eek::eek:

The sensor is a nice feature on the ceebee but that's all that it is...a feature

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^ There is quite of few vids of people wrecking on youtube because of leaving the kickstand down. So this does happen to other people (Am not the only forgetful rider). Its worrying because Honda SEEM to have made a decision to save money and not fit the sensor to bikes sold in Thailand (at least). If this is turns out to be true I will be at little pissed my safety is being compromised.

I called a Honda call centre, I dont speak Thai so communication is a little difficult. He said this feature is not on the CBR250.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts