Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe. Just read this on Canadian Motorcycle Guide. It appears that at the KTM release of the Duke 200 in India - KTM officials suggest they will be eventually releasing a KTM 350 Duke AND a KTM 350 Moto3-like sportbike (and possibly a 350cc dual-sport).

From the IndianCarsBikes site:

"The KTM Duke 350 will be followed by a fully faired single cylinder motorcycle based on KTM’s Moto3 concept. The fully faired motorcycle is expected to be based on the KTM Duke 350. This motorcycle, as IndianCarsBikes reported many months ago, will debut in 2014.

KTM to build 350 Duke | CMG News

Mike

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
A 30hp 350 single tuned for low end torque that still gets 70 mpg is the perfect size for an all around bike that larger riders could whip down the highway without tucking. If Honda hadn't been stuck with the Japanese tier licensing which required a bike at 250cc, we might have had that already.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sendler

do you think the front rim on that ktm350 helps with the
turbulence cutting through the wind.or is just for show?
the front fender and fairing seems to mimic our cbrs:cool:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
do you think the front rim on that ktm350 helps with the
turbulence cutting through the wind.or is just for show?
the front fender and fairing seems to mimic our cbrs:cool:
It will help. Very similar to a deep rim or semi disc wheel of a time trial bicycle which they use in lieu of a full disc when it is too windy. I wish I could find a nice disc cover for my rear wheel of my CBR250R like they use on the land speed bikes. Wind in the spokes adds a lot of drag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts