Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone that lives in a state with snow in the winter, how did your last ride go? I live in Chicago, last week I saw some snow in Bolingbrook, IL. I was lucky enough to do my first service a few days ago when it was clear. I picked it up today in the cold and almost froze my hands and neck off. How are you guys planning to spend your last ride of the season? Or if you have already, how was it?

After getting my bike, I took my bike on some country roads. New oil always makes a vehicle run like its a Paula Deen butter special.

IMG_0749.jpg

This is mine (Her name is Faye). She won't see the road till hopefully around March or April.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Winter Storage is for Sissies Ha ha

Chi Town? I'm down in Central IL this being my first bike I am absolutely loving it so far. I am in my 30's and am thinking why didn't I start this when I was younger or while I was in the Marines. I rode some dirt bikes sure on some farms but first time being on the road. I am going to really try and see how long I can keep riding through the winter. AS LONG AS NO SNOW OR ICE. . . I was inspired by some hard core BMW Adventurer riders in all weather conditions when I was researching my first purchase.
The bike should perform well enough for cold weather, main thing I have been researching is the right gear and covering all exposed areas to the wind. I take care of all my vehicles so start my bike early and let it warm up at idle before I leave the home in the extreme cold. Not good to run any engine no matter the size stone cold. My work commute isn't more than a half hour so don't think I will be exposed too long. Just brought my bike in yesterday for its first early oil change, chain lube etc...

Hope you don't let a little cold scare ya off the road

·
Registered
529 Posts
First snowfall today. :( Only a few inches. Still, the daytime high today is supposed to be around 0 C (32 F). Less than a week ago it was 13C (55 F). Looks like the colder weather is here to stay. Up to a week ago I was still riding. Now my bikes are stored in a garage for the winter. I am hoping to do some mods to them in the meantime - so at least in that way - I will still feel in some strange way, connected to them. And it might reduce some riding withdrawal I am currently experiencing....

Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doing a track day Sunday that will most likely be my last ride of the season

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Last ride was couple weeks ago which was uneventful. Winterized him, put his bike cozy on him and took off to Mexico for a week. Came home to now -20C temps:eek: Today looked in garage and said "hello bike", sighed, and vowed to hate winter forever!:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts