Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes::rolleyes:As I have followed this forum for several months, I have learned alot. This is the first forum I have joined prompted by the ownership of my beloved cbr. I have enjoyed following the threads of the garage "mechanic heads" (compliment) and the result is the impetus to get to know my bike more. Thanks guys :D This is a good thing cause we should know our ride!

Am I the only one? Do others feel this way? I'm not a newbie to riding but certainly to modifications and understanding the "meat" of my bike. Let's hear from others.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
A speck, maybe

My puny splodge of grey matter would be addled if I took much more than a speck of what is posted cerebrally.

Tarted up cycles are for Nancy boys.

Wannabe, macho, arrogant, and bullying types inspire my troll.

But motorcyclists who use their bikes to explore places, race races and the like... they inspire me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In a sense

I have picked up a few things here and there, but I can't help but think that some people post before they think. I take everything here with a grain of salt. I take what other people post and apply logic to try to figure out what's right. There are some knowledgeable people here, you just have to filter through it all to find out who they are.

·
1,305 Posts
its just normal forum stuff.

but it is good to listen to what everyone does on/to their bikes.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ive learnt that I'm a troll for promoting rider training, and doubting stereo systems, 40hp quests, 180 rear tyres,and Nitrous oxide etc on these bikes.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ive also learnt that at least Michael & CBR-STL have a SOH,

and jvk357 & DoubleRRgirl give good answers.

and alot of ppl spend money on shiny anodised blingy bits that do nothing & exhaust systems and its their first ever motorcycle.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is funny that if you waste enough time on here you do get to know the posters. Aufitt is halarious (possibly crazy, ha). Luke is a wise old man very set in his ways (haha), Madd Trapper was a riot, jvk357 knows some good shyte, kutter has similar opinions on things as me and spdklls always has an interesting point of view, also. Not to leave others out who contribute good posts like Furious Blue, Top, CBRTom etc. etc. but you get the drift. I guess since I don't really watch much TV this is like a sitcom with a subject I'm actually interested in, motorcycles. Now, Aufitt, go start some shyte with one of those little whipper snappers who want to nickle plate their fairing or something. I need some entertainment. btw, I saw you use some restraint on one of your earlier posts today after someone called you a troll. I must say I was quite disappointed

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I've learned more about people than bikes, lol.
Best answer so far. I learned the same thing. Some are encouraging and patient to newbies and their questions, some have a great sense of humour which is needed, and I learned that people have bikes for different reasons. For some it's their project bike, some like is "as is", for some it's a transition to a 600 or bigger, some it's a commuter and strictly a means of transportation, and others just cause they like it regardless that it's a 1/4 litre single cylinder. It's a hobby/interest that many seem to have fun personalizing their ride. Nothing wrong with that.

I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. Take what you want or need out of what's presented and carry on your way. If it's useful...BONUS. Also learned it's not the number of years you've been riding i.e. I learned to ride a good number of years ago, my daughter learned after me and is now racing a cbr600!! A true natural. I transitioned down to the 250...meets my riding needs and style. So, many of the new riders on this forum may be able to ride circles round me and I can learn from them.

Thanks for the comments. Interesting.:D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ha. I reckon you'd need more than $250 of polish to polish all the knobs and hard to get at bits.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can see the shiney faces of Moldydog, Aufitt, Top and Spdklls in the extreme shine that is emmitting from that chrome. Ya'll has been immortalized.:D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I must admit it is a bit sexy.. but maybe thats just my reflection.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Best answer so far. I learned the same thing. Some are encouraging and patient to newbies and their questions, some have a great sense of humour which is needed, and I learned that people have bikes for different reasons. For some it's their project bike, some like is "as is", for some it's a transition to a 600 or bigger, some it's a commuter and strictly a means of transportation, and others just cause they like it regardless that it's a 1/4 litre single cylinder. It's a hobby/interest that many seem to have fun personalizing their ride. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree 100%, there is such a huge variety here. I am here everyday and learn something new everyday - from riding to maintenance.

....and y'all have led me to so many farkles that I had to have; even though I am a beginner, they make the whole experience so much more fun!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts