Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Im encounter turns signal light fast blinking when switch on after replace the stock signal light to LED type.
As per information from website, there is 2 solutions to solve it as following;
1) Install Load Resistor pallarel to every LED turn signal wiring.
2) Exchange stock turns signal relay to "EBay: LED Turn Signal Control Fix Relay"(
Honda CB 1000R VFR1200F CBR250R CBR125R LED Turn Signal Control Fix Relay | eBay)

I think the 2nd solution will be more easier but where is the stock turns signal relay located?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
but where is the stock turns signal relay located?
Do your front turn signals light at half brightness whenever the headlight is on as most of the CBR250R's do? If so, you don't have a turn signal relay. There is a large multi function control module instead. You will have to use resistors or rewire the whole system to use a relay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do your front turn signals light at half brightness whenever the headlight is on as most of the CBR250R's do? If so, you don't have a turn signal relay. There is a large multi function control module instead. You will have to use resistors or rewire the whole system to use a relay.

According to the CBR250R wiring diagram that the wiring system included the turns signal relay.
But I cant get it under the front & passenger seat.
Will check it where is the exactly location when more free time bcoz need a lot of time to remove side cover & faring.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What country are you in, That will help us.

In australia it uses a 3 pin relay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is Singapore version.
Finally I found the stk signal relay location which is located below the speedo meter as attached pics.
Im oredy order LED flasher relay from ebay "Honda CB 1000R VFR1200F CBR250R CBR125R LED Turn Signal Control Fix Relay".
Will update the finding when replaced.
CBR250R Stk Signal Relay-1.jpg CBR250R Stk Signal Relay-2.jpg CBR250R Stk Signal Relay-3.jpg

·
Registered
319 Posts
No his doesnt.

My Australian version is the same, Our indicators DONT turn on with the headlight, They only work when they are flashing when you select what way to turn.

They have different wiring for the indicator circuits and different relays.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally I found the stk signal relay location which is located below the speedo meter as attached pics.
Im oredy order LED flasher relay from ebay "Honda CB 1000R VFR1200F CBR250R CBR125R LED Turn Signal Control Fix Relay".
View attachment 997 View attachment 998 View attachment 999
LED Flasher Relay replaced the original but no respond from LED signal when switch on. Im already feedback to supplier, Now awaiting advisement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 997 View attachment 998 View attachment 999
thanka a lot for providing us this information from many months i am guessing the position and at last i am success which is not possible without your support

and

i want to give one more suggestion to u please upload a video of it it will be more understood than pics and please mention the link and it will be more helpful if u inform to me about this video upload

once again thank you

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Keep in mind the USA version bikes or other countries that have the front turn signal lit up dim for running lights do not have a flasher relay seperate. The blinker control is incorprated into a combination control unit instead. No way to change a simple relay to fix a fast blink from leds. It would have to be done with resistors.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Keep in mind the USA version bikes or other countries that have the front turn signal lit up dim for running lights do not have a flasher relay seperate. The blinker control is incorprated into a combination control unit instead. No way to change a simple relay to fix a fast blink from leds. It would have to be done with resistors.
I just received my fixed rate turn signal flasher from 12oclocklabs and will do up a tutorial in the next day or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, i just bought 2 Pin Led Sign Flasher, but need advise for the installation, because the original plug at CBR250 is 3 Pin outlet.,

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is another option: ger a Signal Minder self canceling turn signal unit. It replaces the stock signal relay which is in the front fairing under the speedo on the US version. Its circitry works with regular or LED bulbs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts