Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y’all,

I got turn signals from Tyga that we’re absolute garbage, they must have leaked current somehow making them randomly go on and off on their own, so I ponied up and got nice Yoshimura ones. I bought R&G racing resistors at 9.8 ohms to fix the stock 21 watt bulb flash rate. This didn’t work. They still hyperflash. What’s going on? Does this have something to do with the USA models having that weird non-relay setup going? Any advice on how to get them to flash at a regular rate? They also stay on constantly and one flashes when you signal. I’d prefer them to not be used as running lights it seems to me like it’s harder to tell that it’s working as an indicator to other drivers. Thanks for any help I sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How do you have resistors installed? Inline/series with bulbs or parallel?

You’ve got some wiring problems. Put OEM turn signals back and see if they work properly. You will find that they won’t. Fix wiring so that they do work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you have resistors installed? Inline/series with bulbs or parallel?

You’ve got some wiring problems. Put OEM turn signals back and see if they work properly. You will find that they won’t. Fix wiring so that they do work.
Turn signals have bullet connectors into the resistors then those have bullet connectors into where the turn signals originally connected to. Just stuck the resistors in between. Stock incandescent turn signals flash at the proper rate.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Turn signals have bullet connectors into the resistors then those have bullet connectors into where the turn signals originally connected to. Just stuck the resistors in between. Stock incandescent turn signals flash at the proper rate.
Here's two ways to connect resistors, you want the 2nd parallel way.

This is to create 2nd parallel circuit to flow current independently and in addition to turn-signal. This extra circuit and extra flow tricks relay into thinking incandescent bulb is installed and flasher works properly.

Typically this is done by wiring the resistor into turn-signal light wiring itself before pluggjng into bike’s harness. Either by adding 2nd set of bullet connectors just for resistors. Or by soldering resistors onto turn-signal wiring. Simple enough to do 3-way T-splice and bridge 2 wires of turn-signal with resistor:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@BOOBEAR
Any updates on this? Did you figure this out?
Yes, sorry I’m pretty certain following that diagram will clear up the issue. I was waiting for my rearsets and r6 throttle to arrive to invite my electrician friend over and get it all soddered. I just connected all the bullets and scratched my head when nothing changed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Awesome! If he’s electrician, he can certainly get this to work. Can’t believe in this modern day, Honda is still using ancient mechanical relays!

Then again, they’ve used same turn-signals on their bikes for like 30 years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts