Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for helping me select an exhaust, i have chosen to go with a Leo from Biohazard.
I do have 2 somewhat unrelated concerns.

1. Its a brand new bike. I needed to get this exhaust primarily because it looks ugly imo and has a deeper sound. I will need to take it in to Honda for a tune-up at 1000KM. Will the Leo void my warranty or anything? The manual says something about not modifying the exhaust.

2. After almost 5 years, my parents finally allowed me to buy a bike. I have to go for my full M this August before license expires (currently M2). Will the test centre fail me or anything for having the Leo and not the stock?

Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Leo is a nice exhaust, good choice. As far as warranty is concerned I would speak with the dealership you purchased your bike thru. Some warranties become null and void with some mods. From personal experience I waited until the first service before adding my exhaust. Also ordered my Yosh thru Honda Powerhouse and had it installed at the same time of the service so all warranties are guaranteed

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put my leo full system on after the first service. I did ask my local Honda shop about the bike warranty and they said that officially the engine top end would no longer be covered, (Head, Piston & Valves) but the rest of the bike is no problem. They did not think the exhaust would be a problem though. There only advice was not to change the airfilter or filter box in anyway without fitting a juice box or simmilar to richen the mixture. They thought that the stock ECU could cope with the muffler, but may not have enough range to adjust far enough with both intake & exhaust mods.
I'd leave it stock till after the service and you have your licence.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Never heard the sound of the Leo exhaust. Is it as loud as the yosh and two brothers?
I have the LV full system with stainless silencer and it is surprisingly loud even with the supplied baffle. I am running with the baffle extended about 25mm in length ( by putting a tube inside it). I find this takes the edge off the noise and provides good torque at 4-6 thousand r.p.m.

Best top end performance (9-10 thousand rpm) is provided by their larger diameter baffle but this is noisy and loses the mid-range boost that you get with the previously mentioned set-up.

Regards Roadster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts