Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I've had the EVO II slip on for probably 300 miles now, and finally decided to remove the decibel killer disc that had been in place for those 300 miles. When i took the disc out, i was surprised to see that it was warped and had a small crack connecting 2 of the 5 holes.
Has anybody else had this issue? I would imagine they would have made the disc out of something that would withstand the exhaust temp, but i guess i am wrong

·
Registered
501 Posts
i have evoII also. Mine was really discolored from the heat, with slight concaving only after about 50 miles. Made of stainless. But alot of heat in exhaust being restricted against the DB killer at ? forces. Leo will proabaly give you a new one if you let them know. Found small baffle not to nosiy with out it. Large race baffle is great, if you can stand the noise.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had the larger diameter baffle in yesterday when i took the db killer out, definitly loud, but had a really deep tone when decelerating, not sure if i liked the crack sound it had. i let it sit overnight to cool off because it would not budge, and i still found myself taking the canister off and using the handle of a hammer to tap the baffle out.
i just put the smaller baffle in and am about to go test it out right now

·
Registered
501 Posts
i had the larger diameter baffle in yesterday when i took the db killer out, definitly loud, but had a really deep tone when decelerating, not sure if i liked the crack sound it had. i let it sit overnight to cool off because it would not budge, and i still found myself taking the canister off and using the handle of a hammer to tap the baffle out.
i just put the smaller baffle in and am about to go test it out right now
I filed my baffles so i can swap out easy. otherwise like you said hard to get out. Im sure you'll notice power difference between large and small baffle. I do.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just got home, i gotta say i like the sound of the smaller baffle better. it doesnt have the crack that the bigger one had, and it backfires and pops a lot which i really enjoy lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is an open tip you can put on it, or just dont put a baffle or tip in, but it is pretty loud without a tip in.

...and dont even get me started on the straight pipe :p

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mines a little quieter without the large baffle but i didnt like the performance. So im back to the little baffle/no DB killler for best overall performance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mines a little quieter without the large baffle but i didnt like the performance. So im back to the little baffle/no DB killler for best overall performance.
That's how mine is and I think its staying that way

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Not to revive an old(er) thread, but I just saw this today. My dB killer for my GP corsa has warped and didn't want to go in or come out. Called LeoVince and the only thing they said they can do for me is give me a 10% discount on a new insert, which is $39....$39?! What a gip. So for those of you having this problem, they will not give you a new one. Even though it's covered under warranty. The dude told me they did extensive testing with it and there was NO WAY it had warped due to heat...some customer service. So just an FYI, you're better off just building your own, if you have access to some tools.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was looking at replacing mine with a quieter one and the next day it fell out while pulling away from a light. You can get a 4" baffle off ebay for $10 that should have similar characteristics. 4.5" EXHAUST BAFFLE FOR 2 INCH PIPES ON MOTORCYCLES | eBay

I purchased the 8" size to quiet it down a bit more and am very satisfied so far. Just food for thought as it may be easier to buy for ten bucks than make...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was looking at replacing mine with a quieter one and the next day it fell out while pulling away from a light. You can get a 4" baffle off ebay for $10 that should have similar characteristics. 4.5" EXHAUST BAFFLE FOR 2 INCH PIPES ON MOTORCYCLES | eBay

I purchased the 8" size to quiet it down a bit more and am very satisfied so far. Just food for thought as it may be easier to buy for ten bucks than make...
we aren't talking about baffles, at least i wasnt.

there is a small disc, similar to a sink drain that the leovince exhaust comes with which is a decibel killer

i dont use it anymore anyway

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I was looking at replacing mine with a quieter one and the next day it fell out while pulling away from a light. You can get a 4" baffle off ebay for $10 that should have similar characteristics.
4.5" EXHAUST BAFFLE FOR 2 INCH PIPES ON MOTORCYCLES | eBay

How's the low end with that insert? I've noticed that with mine being so open I feel like I've lost a bit from 3-4000 RPM. I'd kind of like that back if that insert seems to help. Otherwise, I'll continue upsetting the neighbors. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Must have come with a different Db killer than my GP Corsa.
that ebay link is for a baffle, not a decibel killer.

if you didn't get a decibel killer i highly recommend looking through the entire box the exhaust came in, under all the cardboard, in the cracks, etc.

i did not see the decibel killer in the box until i lifted a piece of cardboard out and it fell onto the floor.

the decibel killer is not wrapped like everything else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts