Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the slip on today and got it on, and my first thought was it was louder than what i was expecting, though not a bad thing... it did sound very good. (my intention of getting the exhaust was because while bringing the bike home, i was in the car behind it and i never heard the bike once, which doesnt seem safe to me)
it came with a silencer installed, but also a larger diameter silencer, and a small... tip insert (if thats what you want to call it) they refer to it as a decibel killer, however it was just as loud as the other two silencer, just a deeper sound.
my father and i came up with the idea of drilling holes in one of the silencers/baffles since there arent any... and isnt that what a baffle is supposed to have? since theres 2 and they both sound about the same i think we will give it a try sometime and see if adding some holes in the baffle will quiet it down any. has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine came with a flat disc with holes in it. It went between the muffler and the exhaust were spring pulls it togeher. Was almost as quiet as original. I dont think anything other than the Db killer will quiet it down. Just change the tone. I removed DB killer and happy with the performance improvement. Just dont do any jackrabbit starts around cops. LOL

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt get that disc you speak of, the "decibel killer" that i got seemed to make it louder lol. you can only have 1 of the 3, at first i thought you could put the decibel killer thing in the end with one of the baffles, but it doesnt seem like thats possible

·
Registered
501 Posts
Call were you got the Leo from. I found my DB killer wedged in a flap of the box. I almost thru it out with the garbage. Not that i use it anymore. Theres a thread somewere that shows what it looks like. search here under leo vince? It really quiets it down, but i lost above highway speeds with it in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO ****!!!!!!! i just looked in the box and moved a few things around and sure enough the little disc fell out of something into the bottom of the box!!!! i'll have to through it in and see how it sounds

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to correct myself and to let anybody who is looking into this exhaust know, this exhaust comes with 3 different inserts, as well a a decibel killer, which looks like a metal disc with 5 holes in it.
and as TBC said, make sure you look in every crevis of the box for the decibel killer

·
Registered
501 Posts
to correct myself and to let anybody who is looking into this exhaust know, this exhaust comes with 3 different inserts, as well a a decibel killer, which looks like a metal disc with 5 holes in it.
and as TBC said, make sure you look in every crevis of the box for the decibel killer
LOL. funny how they bag everything up but the little DB killer

Make sure you do low and high speed test runs after installing DBkiller. Not that im condoning speeding but you need the high speed for passing on the freeway. let us know how it turns out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts