Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I installed the Leo Vince and i think it looks alot better in real life than in photos.
Sound is also quite deep which i am impressed about. But its LOUD

The kit came with a 32db silencer?
The exhaust already looks like it has some type of "silencer" inside. It looks a tad smaller. Which one is louder? Which one draws more performance? Or am i an idiot and was suppose to install this silencer thing? Im confused, please help.

Also, i was going to try to test to see if it made a sound difference, but i cannot seem to get the stock silencer that came in the exhaust out. There's a piece of rubber at the bottom that i believe is suppose to come out? Do i pry it out?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
37 Posts
the 32mm is the quietest it's still pretty loud though.
as for installing it there is a small screw on the under side of the exhaust that holds the silencer in (its covered by a rubber cap just flick it out with a screwdriver).
If you can't get the silencer out just start the bike and rev it a bit it should come out then :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Leo had the Smaller 32mm tip installed, but also had a larger 38 or 40mm? included. (Large tip is for track only- sounded to much like a MX bike for me). It also has a disc with 5 holes drilled in it. The disc is the dB killer and will shut the noise right up. I found the disc to be to restricive though and took it out again. I have now done over 3000Km with the Leo on the 32mm tip and no dB killer. It's not that loud once you get used to it. Sure it has a bark on full throttle, but you can ride it quietly when you need to, and it's got the deepest growl on trailing throttle when slowing down. Compared to the standard exaust anything is loud.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
I will try the other tip tonight. But i think the tip already in there is the small one.

Regarding the dB killer, are we talking about a whole difference piece? Because the entire kit, only came with one pipe thing, which is the bigger tip, unless you are referring to this as the db killer.

by the way, i never received the disc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the full system. It had 32mm & 38mm tips, it also had a 50mm dia disc with 5 holes (3/8 ish) that goes in at the start of the muffler. I also tried lots of other mods to quieten it down as I thought it was too loud. However, after lots of experiments I discovered that the percieved noise on the bike was a lot more than what it actually was when off the bike. In other words, with the 32mm tip it is not as loud as you might think

·
Registered
389 Posts
what does the disc thing look like? Do you have any pictures? I think im going to go with the Leo exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I know a guy who has dual Leo's on his Varradaro. Low throaty rumble. Sounds beautiful. Also know a guy with one on his 600rr...again low and throaty but not as much as the Varradaro, but louder. Wondering how loud it will be on the single 250r:confused:

Just a question

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know a guy who has dual Leo's on his Varradaro. Low throaty rumble. Sounds beautiful. Also know a guy with one on his 600rr...again low and throaty but not as much as the Varradaro, but louder. Wondering how loud it will be on the single 250r:confused:

Just a question
It has the low throaty rumble on the 250 too :).
I'll see if I can find the disc and post a pick when I have a wee clean up

·
Registered
63 Posts
It has the low throaty rumble on the 250 too :).
I'll see if I can find the disc and post a pick when I have a wee clean up
Ok, Can't find it, but this is what it looks like. Pic of dB Killer & Disc. The disc is 50mm in Dia, has 5 holes in it and goes between the muffler unit and the secondary header. It may be something to do with the european noise regulations? I bought it from Biohazzard. Anyway, I run without the disc now as it was to restrictive. The sound was good though..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, so i tried the two tips today briefly but honestly, i could not tell which one was louder.

The larger, longer tip was deeper sounding
The smaller, shorter tip had less of a deep rumble

Which one is the quieter one?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh, and I finally found the disc that came with my Leo..
Did no one else have this in their kit?
The 5 holes were originally a little smaller. I drilled them out a little to improve performance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey that disc thing is cool! Probably good for every day, and take out for the weekends.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i didn't get that either. where exactly does it go in the exhaust?
It went inside the front of the muffler unit and was held in place by the header pipe. I suspect it is a full system only thing and would not be part of the slip on?? You could always email Leo and ask what the deal is.
It did a good job of making the muffler only slightly louder than the original. I just couldn't live with the top rpm end restriction it gave. No one home after 7,000. (But was realyy good around 4-6,000)

·
Registered
58 Posts
What top end restriction, mine pulls hard all the way to redline and I wish it was higher, there is still power there to be had. Love the pipe. Of course I made some holes in the intake to breath better .

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered the Leo full system. I was checking out Macca's thread on installing the arrow/M4 setup, and I liked the looks of his exhaust cement. Do autoparts stores here in US sell this or what?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts