Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really didn't like the way the stock dB killer sounded, and without the insert it sounds good, but it felt as if it lacked top end. I ended up modifying the dB killer a bit by cutting the inside pipe down to about an inch long and drilled holes around the outer edge. This video does it not justice, but it'll give you an idea anyway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Low end torque is up for sure. When I say I lost top end I don't mean a drastic amount, just didn't feel "right" to me. Plus, w/o the dB killer long rides got a little tiresome on the ears.

I have not done an ECU reset, I watched that three part video on how to do it and really didn't want to get into all that. I may see if my dealer has a way of doing it next week when I take it in.

As far as other changes go; Bike feels even more nimble then it did before, that stock pipe is HEAVY. Low end torque is up, top end seems stronger with the modded insert, and people actually hear me now. I've even gotten a few comments saying the bike sounds bigger then a 250, that it sounds badass, etc. Can't speak on any fuel economy changes yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's great, the sound seems pretty cool. Please keep us updated if you plan to reset your ECU. Or it is better I think if you put K&N high flow air filter and something like a Bazzaz Z-Fi.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is it a slip on or a full system? I'm getting a slip on and its on its way. Probably will get to work on it this week end.

When you say you did not like the sound of db killer, was it tiny?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got the exhaust installed on my bike and the sound is deafening either with db killer or without. I also disconnected the battery power for a good 25 mins, think that resets the ECU. Not sure. The only difference I could say is I'm hitting the red line in 2nd gear now which I did not with the stock pipe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got the exhaust installed on my bike and the sound is deafening either with db killer or without. I also disconnected the battery power for a good 25 mins, think that resets the ECU. Not sure. The only difference I could say is I'm hitting the red line in 2nd gear now which I did not with the stock pipe.
I'm pretty sure I want to buy one of these, I just don't want to loose performance in any area, what do you mean by hitting the redline in 2nd gear, is that under light throttle or heavy throttle?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well with my riding style, I used to shift around 9000 rpm in 2nd gear. At this point the engine would scream with the stock pipe. But now, I would hit read line 2nd gear and not notice the need to shift. May be the exhaust sound overtakes the engine noise.

From the time I spent, the pipe has definitely reduced some weight on the bike. And definitely sounds like a bike now. But a little loud to my tastes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well with my riding style, I used to shift around 9000 rpm in 2nd gear. At this point the engine would scream with the stock pipe. But now, I would hit read line 2nd gear and not notice the need to shift. May be the exhaust sound overtakes the engine noise.

From the time I spent, the pipe has definitely reduced some weight on the bike. And definitely sounds like a bike now. But a little loud to my tastes.
okay I can understand now, I just thought maybe you felt power loss therefore you had to wind it up higher to feel the power. Overall does the bike seem happy with the slip-on? As far as normal idle, acceleration, ect?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did not see much difference. Bike feels the same for the most part. It's just a slip on so was not expecting much gain. All a slip on could do is increase a little on the low end hp and torque. Looking at the dyno graph from leo vince site also says the same. But the major difference is the sound. Without the db killer, it almost sounds like the motor running without an exhaust. db killer dampens the sound a little but not much. It's loud and at least makes others on the road aware that you are there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hmm okay, yeah I'm a little worried it will be *too* loud, but I wouldn't think it'd be too loud for me, I have a very high sound tolerance ;) lol. I'm pretty much just waiting till my 1st service on the 24th to see how much money I will have left over, and hopefully get this ordered. Oh and another silly question.. is it a good loud at least? or an obnoxios type loud? sorry for blowin this up ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.