Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a short vid showing how quick and easy it is to lift the rear wheel of a motorcycle using a stand with no other help. This is how I do it all the time, and maintenance is a breeze. I use the Trackside Paddock rear stand which I got from CycleGear for $45 (reg $90).

Hope this helps anyone that doesn't have a 3rd hand around. I tried like hell for about an hour and a half to embed the video here using youtube, vimeo, picassa, instagram, and finally photobucket. I've embedded vids here before with no problems but today it wasn't to be the case, so please accept this link to my photobucket instead.

Motorcycle :: b7a2424a.mp4 video by Ikazuchi_Kuro - Photobucket

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Red_Ryder! I kinda made the vid on a whim as I was doing a general inspection that day and thought it could be useful. I'll be sure to add some 160bpm anime music for you and Petey next vid :p

don'tpanic, sorry I don'tknow what you are referring to. Could you clarify?

· Registered
2,291 Posts
don'tpanic, sorry I don'tknow what you are referring to. Could you clarify?
Never mind! I now see that this stand contacts the bottom of the swingarm with flats.

Some of the others have hooks that hold the swingarm in place with "rollers" that attach to the swingarm in a variety of ways.
It is more expensive that what you have (because you have to buy the rollers and hardware), but I think it is a little more stable.

Thank you!

· Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the video! I just got the same stand from cycle gear and it's pretty sturdy. It works with or without rollers asa you just have to turn a piece around to match your swingarm/rollers. Currently, I don't have rollers and the flat side seems to work fine. I take it slow and haven't had any problems raising or lowering the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.