Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to share with you guys the progress I have made with Little Repsol.

February 17, 2015 contacted the person who owned the bike with about 1,500 broken in miles. Come to find out it's Maui Moto Adventures who's selling the bike. The choices was either my cousin’s 2014 Ninja 300 with (see photo below) or the 2013 CBR250 Repsol Edition. Call me stupid but, I went with Little Repsol.

February 19, 2015 The First Day I laid eyes on her in person. I could tell it hasn’t been ridden much due to the rusty looking chain. Anyways cool guys to deal with and the bike was a great purchase. Little Repsol came with some few things installed already like Yoshimura R77 Exhaust, Yoshimura Frame Sliders, and PSR adjustable levers (foldable model).

February 25, 2015 Finally, picked up the bike and left it at a friend's house due to not having proper riding gear ;). Being my first bike I started it Neutral, shifted into 1st and stalled. lol :eek: Forgot Kick Stand was down.

March 4, 2015 Goodies started to come in for Little Repsol. Purchased the Carbon Fiber Tank Pads and Fuel Cap Cover.

March 6, 2015 I just received my Smoke Sequential LED Tail Lights by Motodynamic. Very easy to install and was direct plug and play with no hyper flash.

March 9, 2015 Black Single Seat Cowl came in for 2015 CBR300R (#08F71-K33-D00ZC).

March 10, 2015 Yoshimura Fender Eliminator kit came in. That rear fender was heavy.

March 11, 2015 Drive Chain Case Carbon Style Chain Guard (#08F70-K33-A00) for 2015 CBR300R came in and makes Little Repsol stand out more.

March 13, 2015 Hot Bodies flush front signal came in but, didn't install them due to fitment issues. (I would like to note that I would never purchase another Hot Bodies product. Their product quality isn't the greatest and fitment sucks).

March 14, 2015 Yoshimura Stand Stoppers came in to go with the T-Rex stand that I had on the side. Also, decided to change the Position lights to Amber to make me more noticeable.

March 18, 2015 Due to fitment issues I finally manage to install the flush mount signals. Washers was required to get them to fit somewhat better.

March 27, 2015 After a month of waiting my Front Fender Carbon Style for 2015 CBR300r (#08F72-K33-A01ZA) finally came in.

April 6, 2015 I think my Little Repsol deserves to have this little decal.

April 25, 2015 Zero Gravity Dark Smoke Double Bubble came in.

April 30, 2015 Yoshimura Exhaust bracket came in and finally got rid of the ugly rear pegs.

May 5, 2015 CBR500R OEM Mirrors came in. Supposedly they're little shorter and more aggressive in my opinion.

May 13, 2015 Yes, I know it's retarded to have HID installed with no projectors but I need more visibility at night.

Finally The current state how Little Repsol Sits with 7,300 Miles.

I will be changing out a couple fairing pieces this summer and possibly my riding seat as well.
Been riding Little Repsol everday since and also managed to get my MSF Course done on May 10. :) I ride about 80 miles a day and love it. I even put my car into storage back in March. Rain or shine I'll be out on the road with proper gear.:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How easily did the 300 drive chain case fit on the 250? How long did the install take?
Sorry, for the late reply. It's a perfect fitment due to the 300 having the same frame. Installing the chain guard is straight forward with the proper tools on hand. When you do install it you are required to reuse the bolts and grommets when you remove the original chain gaurd. Installing takes about 10 and has a total of 4 bolts/grommets.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bike is looking good congrats on the progress...

Where are you buying your parts for the 300 at?

·
Registered
504 Posts
March 13, 2015 Hot Bodies flush front signal came in but, didn't install them due to fitment issues. (I would like to note that I would never purchase another Hot Bodies product. Their product quality isn't the greatest and fitment sucks).
You are correct. Everything they make is like this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry, for the late replies. I meant to comment sooner but, my iPad was being retarded.
Bike is looking good congrats on the progress...

Where are you buying your parts for the 300 at?
Thanks, your bike as well is sweet looking with all the crazy mods you did. The parts were purchased at the dealership here and online. I had a buddy who worked there and priced which was a better deal. He hooked me up on somethings. Most of the time I'm lurking on Ebay to find deals. For Example this brand new CBR250R Repsol front upper cowl for only $20. :grin2: I was stoked when I found this because couple weeks from having Little Repsol I got a rock chip.:crying:

Nice. A lot of little mods, I like it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I figured I change it up a little bit. Once, I saw another CBR250R Repsol on the Island. I had to change it to my personal preference.:nerd:

Ha! I like that sequential tail light. I've never seen that before.
Thanks, I just hated the rear signals and rear fender. It kind of reminds me of a moped. So, It was a must mod to do, highly recommended and easy.
2011- 2013 Honda CBR 250R 2015 CBR-300R CB300F LED Tail Light Sequential Smoke
You are correct. Everything they make is like this.
Reason why I don't recommend people their Rear Fender Eliminator Kit.

June 4, 2015 Low-profile seat (0SR50-K33-100A) from 2015 CBR300R/F came in. The seat is wrapped in a weather resistant carbon-fiber style vinyl some may not like the texture. Sitting on it does feel lower but not huge of a difference. haha
Fitment wise I still need to do some Adjustment to get it fit perfectly. The bottom rear where it meets the rear fairing is slightly different on the 300r/f. It dips down a little bit more. Right now the bottom rear is not as flush as I want it to be. I'll keep you guys updated.

June 5, 2015 Took some comparison shots to show the little difference it has from stock. I tried to get the rears to sit more flush but, I either have to shave off the inside of my fairing which is not visible and don't really want to do. So, I can live with it. Also, I found out this Low narrow seat feels a little heavier which I thought was weird.

More mods to come stay tune... I'm debating Projectors next or some over seas parts?:grin2::wink2:

Reactions: Nithesh

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always wanted to do this. haha :grin2:
June 10, 2015 Finally, gave in and placed a order of K&T 55W Honda CBR250R Angel Eye HID Projector Headlight Assembly 2011-2013
I was to lazy to make my own.:wink2:

The headlight I order was Custom made with "Yellow" Angel Eyes, Red Demon Eyes, and inner black housing.
June 18, 2015 Order finally came in via FedEx which was fast. Shipment left Monday and Arrived Wednesday.
*Note to people who are interested on buying these. I recommend getting the "White" Angel Eyes and Chrome Housing trust me. I went with yellow because it's the closest color to orange. Figured I try something different and hoping it works out. Downfall with the blacked housing is the position lights loses its output due to not having reflection.
Testing all lights prior to putting everything back together.

Once, back together that Angel Eyes and Demon Eyes.>:)

Day Shot with the headlight turned on.
Install was straight forward and with their harness makes it a breeze. I didn't look at their instruction once I saw how their harness works. The headlight housing was made in Thailand, looks factory, came with all proper holes and fitment is spot on. The harness also has a separate switch that allows you to turn your headlight on/off. The factory switch keeps its normal function when turned on, and when off allows you to use the factory high beams as a car would.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Michelin Man on the sides of the front fender and a Michelin/Bridgestone text on the forks would make it look a bit more racey :D Just a suggestion

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very neat!
Thank you I appreciate the compliments.:grin2:
Michelin Man on the sides of the front fender and a Michelin/Bridgestone text on the forks would make it look a bit more racey :D Just a suggestion
It's funny how you just posted that because I just ordered OEM HRC Repsol Front Fender Decal a while back. I guess great minds think alike. I just need to find the Michelin Man or I may have something else in mind.:wink2:
I just want the rear seat cowl! Can't find anything over in UK like that.
Have you tried ebay? Just search up that part number I posted.

June 23, 2015 Changed my Tires at 10,000 Miles because my rears had a small leak and loses 10psi per day. Plus, both front and rears started to have some minor side wall crack due to age of the tires. June 11,2015 I Purchased Stock IRC with about 400 miles on them from the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum for $75. Tried getting some Michelin Pilot Street Radials but everywhere was sold out. So, The stockies well get me around for now.
June 27, 2015 OEM HRC Repsol Front Fender Decal. Kind of felt like I should of space them out a little bit more and not to close to the front of the fender...:|

June 30, 2015 PSR Gun Metal Pegs came in. It has a sportier look to it and gives a little bit more ground clearance. Next mod I'm probably going to do next is Yoshimura Rearsets. I should of change the scale to kg...
Stock Pegs Weighs 0.68lb
PSR Pegs 0.28lb

·
Registered
27 Posts
I better get saving! They only seem to sell them in the us :-(. So that's about £100 if I want one. Better get saving :). My Chinese one just doesn't fit right!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been MIA Lately. But, on the bright side I have more parts coming in from Japan; Stay Tune. Should be on Maui within a month or so as long as customs don't hold it up. :wink2:

December 1, 2015 Here's is a current photo how Little Repsol stands for now and a self portrait. ALOHA:grin2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
December 7, 2015 Parts from Japan Honda came in. Some may hate it, Some may like it. Got rid of the Matte looking fairings.
OEM Honda Carbon Style
Undercowl
08F72-KYJ-000
Side Cover
08F73-KY-J000
Middle Panel
08F61-KYJ-000
Tank Console L, Asteroid Black
64600-KYJ-900ZD
Tank Console R, Asteroid Black
64500-KYJ-900ZD
Yoshimura Works Edition Engine Plugs Large and Small (Not photo)

There's a reason why I went with the OEM Carbon Style Fairings. My bike gets ridden daily and gets hit with Maui tropical weather. I try to park it in the shade when available and wipe it down whenever I get the time. If I went with real carbon it would wear out quickly and wont look as great when age. You can see a little wear on the tip of the exhuast.

Plus the fairings matches the fibers on the Tank and I think it flows through with the theme of the bike. Fitment is spot on being OEM. Now I have the full sets of fairing sold by Honda. Front Fender, Chain Guard, Side Cover, Middle Panel, and Undercowl. Except for the front upper side fairings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
March 9, 2015 Black Single Seat Cowl came in for 2015 CBR300R (#08F71-K33-D00ZC).

Could you confirm if it fit exactly at CBR 250R or need some adjust?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts