Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in NE Pa. My local powersports dealer, an absolutely huge massive dealership with hundreds of bikes on the floor told me today they received ONE cbr250r and it is very likely the only one they will receive.

When asked why, the sales manage suggested Honda does not know what they are going to do based on too many models and poor sales.

He definitely suggested the cbr250r may not be produced for very long. That was the feeling I got.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm in NE Pa. My local powersports dealer, an absolutely huge massive dealership with hundreds of bikes on the floor told me today they received ONE cbr250r and it is very likely the only one they will receive.

When asked why, the sales manage suggested Honda does not know what they are going to do based on too many models and poor sales.

He definitely suggested the cbr250r may not be produced for very long. That was the feeling I got.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I do know one thing. If I were a salesman and I were trying to sell as many of these for as much as I could get for them, this is *exactly* what I'd be telling the prospects walking in the door :)

"you better buy now or be sorry for the rest of your deprived life !!!"

·
Registered
272 Posts

WHAT????!!! Honda CANNOT be that stupid! DO they want to sell more Ninja's??? BIG, GAS GUZZLING 1300-200cc bikes probably aren't selling. This 250 is an obvious hit! They need to step up production, unless, of course, they want us to buy Ninja's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When i bought their first arrival, CBR250. My dealer said that their order has been cut to 4 units for the rest of this year. :/

·
Registered
636 Posts
i talked to a guy who works at a honda factory in ohio, and he told me that production had been cut in half due to the earth quakes, and tsunamis in japan..although i know that at least one of the factories that are manufaturing these bikes is in Thailand. However it does seem like Honda is spreading these out real thin.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i talked to a guy who works at a honda factory in ohio, and he told me that production had been cut in half due to the earth quakes, and tsunamis in japan..although i know that at least one of the factories that are manufaturing these bikes is in Thailand. However it does seem like Honda is spreading these out real thin.
All of them are being made in Thailand, the only think the tsunami might have affected was parts supply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
seems like this tsunami/earthquake talk is just gossip. The fact remains that this bike is a global model and with that comes a global launch so naturally supply is going to be tough.

We all know demand is high, that much is obvious! Expect that the demand isn't going to be met, especially if the smaller dealers are only getting 1-3 bikes at the start of spring!

Thing to remember is north america is a pretty small market. India, China. 2.2 billion people, with a climate that supports bikes year round. Sorry california but 55 million doesn't even come close! I think the american consumer just isn't used to being second on the list when it comes to this sort of thing!

The bikes will trickle in, but don't think it's because of low demand, or that this bike is a one time thing. I'm not sure how well this translates into motorcycles, but new cars and trucks generally aren't profitable the first model year. This bike is here to stay and considering how well the ninja 250 sells, there is a market for it too!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Honda is definitely going to keep making this bike. But even one part can halt production and a lot of parts come from japan. Japan is seriously messed up because of these disasters, so the infrastructure of the company is compromised.

With demand at a frenzy in Asia, I don't think we can be certain of future availability here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Honda Malaysia had just upped their order from 200 initial orders to another extra 1000 units for this cbr250r. me thinks the salesman is just pitching sales talks to u man...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was under the impression that this bike was currently being produced in Thailand and also in India (if not already then very soon). They designed this bike and more importantly the the engine from scratch, specifically for the emerging markets in India and Asia and fill the hole in their range between 125 and 600cc. I suppose they "might" stop importing into the US some time (unlikely given the demand at the moment), but they'll be building this bike for quite some time to come.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my dealer received their first shipment today. 24 bikes evenly split red and black! He said this was their first and covers 75% of their deposits with the second shipment of similar size due in 2 weeks with a few to spare.

supply problem looks less likely now :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Calgary - that's fantastic news, and well ahead of the May 16 timeframe honda canada has been telling me. Do you know if any of those units are ABS equipped? makes me think i should head your way, visit the relatives while i'm there and get me one of those bikes. haven't heard a word from my dealer here aside from me asking (or rather telling) him for updates. :confused::mad:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey Calgary - that's fantastic news, and well ahead of the May 16 timeframe honda canada has been telling me. Do you know if any of those units are ABS equipped? makes me think i should head your way, visit the relatives while i'm there and get me one of those bikes. haven't heard a word from my dealer here aside from me asking (or rather telling) him for updates. :confused::mad:
Yes Calgary250r - are any of those bikes ABS equipped? That is what I'm waiting for. If any of them are the ABS versions, then I still have hope that my bike will be in soon!! :)

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well at least they are finally in the country! Now the train ride from Calgary to Toronto is what 3 days max - hopefully soon!

·
281 Posts
I am wishing you Canadian guys good luck in getting the bikes you want...will be interesting to see if ABS is among them..they seem to be more or less non-existent here in the states.......

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe yes, maybe no. I do know one thing. If I were a salesman and I were trying to sell as many of these for as much as I could get for them, this is *exactly* what I'd be telling the prospects walking in the door :)

"you better buy now or be sorry for the rest of your deprived life !!!"
:confused: ahh,

I think you missed the point. He's not getting any more. How does saying " I'm not getting any more" drum up sales? He did'nt say check back soon, He did not say I'm hoping to have them in three weeks. Heg did not say, Give me a deposit and you can have the next one. He said " We have one and this is probably the only one we are getting"

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Honda Malaysia had just upped their order from 200 initial orders to another extra 1000 units for this cbr250r. me thinks the salesman is just pitching sales talks to u man...
Lol.

A sales pitch would be;
"Supply is limited. Give me a deposit and I'll secure a bike for you. We are expecting more bikes any day now"
... not...
"We have one CBR250r, it's sold and it may be the only one we get" as I walk out the door....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts