Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2011 CBR250

Is there a way to lock my helmet to the bike? I tried to find a latch or something under the seat but didnt see anything.

Its annoying to have to carry my helmet everywhere, and i live in LA so i dont trust just hanging it on the handle bars.

·
1,305 Posts
In the tool kit under the seat is a helmet connector,

if you look in the manual, you will see a diagram of how to connect it so nothing can be cut off.

also, you can get a bag pack that has a special helmet pocket in it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used the helmet thingo and as useful as it is, it does take about 3 minutes for me to set it up so I prefer to just lug my helmet around with me :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i got my bike it was used, only a couple hundred miles on it but the dummy kept the tool kit and manual. I guess ill have to call the honda dealer to see if i can order another.

·
1,305 Posts
when i get home, i'll measure the wire.... you'll be able to make your own real easy

·
Registered
540 Posts
My manual shows a 'holder' in the diagram that doesn't actually exist on the bike, but before I'd even looked in the book for the 'right' way, I found a way that works.

Run the set wire through the d-rings on your helmet as normal, then hook the wire ends around the 'hook' under the seat. Circled in this photo.

Before you close the seat make sure the two runs of the holder are side by side, not one on top of the other, or the seat won't latch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 2012 came with a cable type of thing with loops on both ends, there is a hook type of thing under the passenger seat.
I'll attach a picture, the hook I'm talking about is roughly 5 o'clock on the picture.

Doc

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's the same hook I use Doc. The book says there is supposed to be some kind of wire running next to the left side front latch for the seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I loop the D-rings of my helmet through carabiner that is looped through a coiled bike lock under the seat. The carabiner makes for a fast attach/release, though it's a tight fit getting the seat to close with the helmet right next to it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I loop the D-rings of my helmet through carabiner that is looped through a coiled bike lock under the seat. The carabiner makes for a fast attach/release, though it's a tight fit getting the seat to close with the helmet right next to it.
same here..leave it looped to the metal wire up under the seat..then all i have to do is open combination carabiner and put thru D rings.....close seat

I have wondered what that hook was for they are using in the pics on previous page..but seems if someone grabbed your helmet wire and pushed foward hard enough, the looped ends would come off that hook rather easily then the whole wire (along with your helmet) will pull out in their hands from under the seat with little effort

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
This is why I never lock my helmet to my bike...
Remains of a bike in New York.....imagine your helmet snatched??

·
Registered
540 Posts
same here..leave it looped to the metal wire up under the seat..then all i have to do is open combination carabiner and put thru D rings.....close seat

I have wondered what that hook was for they are using in the pics on previous page..but seems if someone grabbed your helmet wire and pushed foward hard enough, the looped ends would come off that hook rather easily then the whole wire (along with your helmet) will pull out in their hands from under the seat with little effort
It is a deterrent, not a preventative, like all such devices.

If someone wants my helmet or yours, and he has a pair of scissors or a serrated pocket knife, there is going to be nothing left but the d-rings and a little bit of nylon, and it'll take a lot less time than trying to jimmy those hoops off the hook or cutting through any metal wire.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd send you mine as I never use it but they might think it was a weapon at the border and arrest me....or you....or both of us.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts