Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ski/snowboard type lock that i'll probably run underneath the passenger seat.

Just wondering how everyone else does theirs

·
745 Posts
There is a cable included in the "toolkit" (HA!) that hangs on two hooks under the seat, which can only be removed with the key. Have you tried that?

It's looped though the D-rings and then locked down.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeeez.. didn't even bother to look yet lol

Just picked her up the other day. I'll have to check to see if it's there.

Thanks Luke!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looked... There's nothing underneath the seat. Just my insurance.

What comes with the toolkit? -I'll have to go talk to the dealership

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea but guys all you have to do if someone wanted to remove the helmet is unstrap the helmet.....=( or am I mistaken and do you use some other way to secure it with the provided strap LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yea but guys all you have to do if someone wanted to remove the helmet is unstrap the helmet.....=( or am I mistaken and do you use some other way to secure it with the provided strap LOL
Helmets often have a metal ring sewed in their strap.
You should put one of the sides of the lock within that ring and then locking both sides under the seat.
At least they will have to cut the strap, having then a useless helmet.

If your helmet does not have this ring, uhm... change it :p

·
745 Posts
Just looked... There's nothing underneath the seat. Just my insurance.

What comes with the toolkit? -I'll have to go talk to the dealership
You should have a small black plastic bag strapped down under the back part of the seat (the part you remove with the key). In that bag will be an allen wrench and the hemet cable.

Run the cable through the d-rings or, if it's long enough, through the chin protector (full-face helmet). If you use the d-rings, someone can steal your helmet by cutting the strap, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That helmet cable that comes with it is a pain in the ass. Get a gun lock, one like a padlock but with the cable on it. Cable it to the handle bars thru the brake or clutch cables or rear sets etc. Works easy and most police depts give them away free.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I reckon that dicky helmet lock thingy reflects Thai attitude to theft and helmets; the CBR250R was designed in Thailand. In my experience, in general theft is not a big problem in Thailand, as long as the opportunity is not given. The typical Thai thief cannot be bothered with taking anything that involves an effort; they are opportunists.

Motorcycle helmets seem to be exempt from opportunist theft. Thai people don't tend to lock their helmets to their motorcycles because it seems that custom dictates that helmets should not be stolen.

That may change a little at times when the police decide to enforce helmet laws. Outside Bangkok (where they do generally enforce the law) Thai people prefer ride sans muak gun knock (translated: a hat that prevents getting knocked out). They regard them as muak gun dumruart (a hat that stops attention from the police), and often only don them as they approach a police check point.

I laughed when I saw a girl topple off her motorcycle as she reached to grab her helmet to put on as she approached traffic lights manned by several police. I picked her bike up and saw that she was ok, then called her a bloody idiot, and placed the helmet on her head a little roughly. She seemed more hurt by the rebuke than the tumble..... I got no thanks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
That helmet cable that comes with it is a pain in the ass. Get a gun lock, one like a padlock but with the cable on it. Cable it to the handle bars thru the brake or clutch cables or rear sets etc. Works easy and most police depts give them away free.
Oh nice tip... thanks monkey boy

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I lock two helmets underneath the rear seat without that loop tool crap that came with it.

Just put a loop of your helmet strap next to the helmet clip around the hook that's deep inside the storage compartment. That's one on the right side. For the left side just slide the helmet strap inbetween the faring and the compartment with the helmet clip on the inside to stop it being pulled out.

Put the seat back on and your two helmets are secure.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
bike cable

I needed something for an out of town trip so I grabbed a 6 foot bike cable and pad lock. It works perfect to run through an arm of a jacket, through the chin bar of a helment, through the handle of the trunk bag. Whatever. Everthing stays secure and the jacket serves as a cover for everthing in case of a rain shower.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great tip, perfect size, coated to prevent scratches.. I tossed one in my amazon basket for my next order. THANKS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found the cable supplied with the bike a real pain to get on the hook under the seat. My solution was to fold down the left rear passenger peg and hang the helmet from the silver bit facing up. I just hook the chin strap rings over it. I got a small lock that goes thru the silver bit and use it if I am leaving the bike for a long time or have any concerns. If not I just hang it on the silver "V' and hope for the best. So far, so good.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
When people buy a helmet, it's head, do not keep it. People have to remember to change the motorcycle lock in a few seconds.
Ummm...not being smart or anything but after reading and then re-reading your post some more...I still cant make a lick of sense out of any of it??? LOL :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts