Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well they state they'll give you a full refund if they don't recover it in 24 hours.
I would read the fine print on that very carefully...and there are only so many places to stick one on a small motorcycle.......I have theft coverage added thru my comprehensive insurance. but I am sure they would only give the depreciated value of the bike and not replacement cost...and it would probably be an insulting depreciated estimate at that..if you have the funds available and it is reasonably small enough to conceal very well..I wouldn't hesitate (but only if the 24 hour guarantee wasnt full of all kinds of restrictions)

·
Registered
34 Posts
thieves wont know right away where to find the lo-jack since every installer places it in different spots and they are actually told to do so in private where no one can see not ever the other employees or you. so far theres been 3 cars stolen in the past 2 months in my area that was recovered within 24 hours thanks to lo-jack.

·
Registered
354 Posts
a couple issues.

thieves wont know right away where to find the lo-jack since every installer places it in different spots and they are actually told to do so in private where no one can see not ever the other employees or you. so far theres been 3 cars stolen in the past 2 months in my area that was recovered within 24 hours thanks to lo-jack.
True, I had lojack installed on a bike, they dont tell even the owner where it is. But they also pointed out ' there are only a few places they can fit it on any bike'. I think they put it the first place they could access, right on the battery harness, because the battery was a pita to service.

Also if you are travelling, not every city or state has lojack, so it only works where there is reception. You may get a little insurance discount with the lojack.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
You will get an insurance discount.
You will get refunded the price of lojack if they can't recover in 24 hours
you will get refunded the cost of the bike after 30 days if they can't locate it.
You will have peace of mind.
It will make reselling your bike much easier, you have something many want in a bike.

Recovery success rate: 90 Percent
Average time to recover LoJack-equipped vehicle: 24 hours (often within a few hours)

I would be a pretty good salesman, haha. I'm getting it for my bike.

SOURCE:
LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will get an insurance discount.
You will get refunded the price of lojack if they can't recover in 24 hours
you will get refunded the cost of the bike after 30 days if they can't locate it.
You will have peace of mind.
It will make reselling your bike much easier, you have something many want in a bike.

Recovery success rate: 90 Percent
Average time to recover LoJack-equipped vehicle: 24 hours (often within a few hours)

I would be a pretty good salesman, haha. I'm getting it for my bike.

SOURCE:
LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System
yeah precisely, but a refund on cost of the bike if not found in 30 days I doubt it. I decided I will get the lojack installed once I get my bike:) and for Iphone users, there's an app (currently under construction) that lets you check the status of your bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts