Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
986 Posts
... when i put the injector into the line. it’s no spraying at all. seems more of a leak. i get that it could be pressure isn’t strong enough from pump to keep it going but on his bike with stock the injector also doesn’t spray.
YES, You know how to do comparative experiments, which is beautiful and highly appreciated. But the purpose of an experiment should be defined for the purpose of locating a problem. If I am in one room in the house and manage to breathe, and I move to another room in the house and also manage to breathe, what exactly did I check here?
If you want to learn mechanics you have to understand how things work, and those who know less or are in the younger stages of the hobby, use the test procedures recommended by Honda, or those proven to be useful among mechanics.

It's simple for those who understand: Your engine starts when you push starting spray, it means there is a spark. And your engine manages to reach 3000 rpm and then stabilize at idle rpm, which means that there is no problem with the fuel flow to the engine, and which means that the IACV is OK. And anyway, you cleaned and replaced the entire fuel supply system. You insist on a problem at the fuel sys, problem that doesn't exist, because you work unsystematically.

The purpose of Troubleshooting Scheme is to succeed in reaching the problem by narrowing down the possibilities, because we go logically from test to test, and not in a random order. There is a method in the scheme.

·
Registered
986 Posts
ascenji I rotated your picture 180 degrees:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
986 Posts
I would expect that the vacuum line should not have any fuel in it.
It could be that the source of the problem is in the canister, I have no familiarity with this system.

·
Registered
986 Posts
also i appreciate all the help. it throws me off that it ran rough after replacing everything. i stopped for 15 minutes and after that it won’t crank.
If you have previous experience with car mechanics that's great, I'm guessing that eventually you'll be able to locate the problem. Just like in car engine mechanics, if something doesn't work, then you take a break, and if you are tired that day, then you leave the problem for another day. It is forbidden and dangerous to work in the garage when we are tired or when we are impatient or angry with the machine.
But you already know that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so I have come to find out the part in the pictures I posted earlier is the EVAP Canister and lines for it. but if it is for fuel vapor why is it sucking in gas so. badly. everytime I put everything back together on the bike after testing and try to start it with no luck I got to take the tank off again and It just dumps gas. is this normal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
YES, You know how to do comparative experiments, which is beautiful and highly appreciated. But the purpose of an experiment should be defined for the purpose of locating a problem. If I am in one room in the house and manage to breathe, and I move to another room in the house and also manage to breathe, what exactly did I check here?
If you want to learn mechanics you have to understand how things work, and those who know less or are in the younger stages of the hobby, use the test procedures recommended by Honda, or those proven to be useful among mechanics.

It's simple for those who understand: Your engine starts when you push starting spray, it means there is a spark. And your engine manages to reach 3000 rpm and then stabilize at idle rpm, which means that there is no problem with the fuel flow to the engine, and which means that the IACV is OK. And anyway, you cleaned and replaced the entire fuel supply system. You insist on a problem at the fuel sys, problem that doesn't exist, because you work unsystematically.

The purpose of Troubleshooting Scheme is to succeed in reaching the problem by narrowing down the possibilities, because we go logically from test to test, and not in a random order. There is a method in the scheme.
I say its a fuel problem because the bike on stays running with starter fluid. it isn't getting gas from the tank. hence why we tested the new injector on a different bike. and it didn't run. but putting his on mine it still didn't run. I already check for power to the lines and the resistance levels on both injectors is the same. doesn't mean that the one I got wasn't defective or have some other issue with the bike to make it not spray. his injector in my bike sprays decent out of bike. but when bolts in and try it doesn't run

·
Registered
986 Posts
I say its a fuel problem because the bike on stays running with starter fluid. it isn't getting gas from the tank. hence why we tested the new injector on a different bike. and it didn't run. but putting his on mine it still didn't run. I already check for power to the lines and the resistance levels on both injectors is the same. doesn't mean that the one I got wasn't defective or have some other issue with the bike to make it not spray. his injector in my bike sprays decent out of bike. but when bolts in and try it doesn't run
But if I understood correctly, you explained that you manage to start with starter spray (to the air box, yes?), then, after starting, if you turn the throttle you manage to maintain 3000 rpm, and after the engine warms up and you release the throttle, then the engine does stabilize nicely on idle rpm.
At least that's what I understood.
i could get it to stay running under if i kept it over 3k rpm. no starter fluid. so did this a few times till it stayed on at idle.
If I understood correctly, then you don't have a problem with the fuel delivery system.

And I also explained that if what I understood is true:
  • there is a spark.

At this point I suggested two things:
  • I suggested that your problem is of the type: Lean mixture.
  • I also offered an explanation: The seal, the insulator, it does not seal(For a cold start you need a rich mixture. And because there is no sealing in the intake manifold area, air enters the engine that was not supposed to enter and causes a lean mixture)
I also added that the subject of problem solving is built on a method of solving problems in a systematic way.
This is what troubleshooting scheme are based on.
So it seems right to me at this stage to remove the lean mixture suspicion by replacing the insulator set.

It is what it is, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Mory
21 - 27 of 27 Posts