Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just finished a 3 day long weekend ride. Rode from Newmarket, Ontario down to Vermont and back. 1600+ km. Crossed at Gananoque ON, then across NY via Lake Placid, hopped on a ferry over to Burlington. toured central VT, then back up through the Champlain Islands, across Northern NY, crossed back into ON at Prescott, then back home. Bike ran very well. Amazing weather. Didn't take many photos (but will post them once I've seen them). Would like to upgrade the saddle as it did get rather uncomfortable after 12 hours of riding! Only scary moment an hour from home when a cager passing 6 cars proceeded to stay in my lane (oncoming) almost forcing me off the road. Anyone else did a road trip this past weekend?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i did a 300+ miles just yesterday to get a good view of the solar eclipse .. and had a similar scare that u had but the cager was trying to pass usand almost ended up crashing with a truck .. could've taken us down too if it happened ..

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
:eek:Because I work in emergency services I am paranoid about any long weekend but, particularily the May long weekend. Notoriously the weather sucks, yet, ppl still migrate to the campgounds, get loaded and stupid. There is always a fatality to report due to reckless driving, riding, ATV's, horseback riding, OD's etc. I tend to stay close to home less some idiot rub agaisn't me and pass on the "trauma god" bad vibe

·
Registered
501 Posts
Its safer here to go for long rides on the free way or out in the mountians around here. Any night local is drunk night, have to be careful, especially after leaving work at 12 midnight. I have to pass 3 bars in 2 miles.

Cant wait for the 80 degree weather for a trip around the lake. 130 miles of fun.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
not gonna let memorial day weekend pass with the bike in the garage for me...friday evenings from late afternoon on is the worst time to ride I have found out repeatedly..usually try to not get out that day on the bike if I can help it...other than that....plan on putn some miles on the cbr this beautiful upcoming weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts