Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Longer mirrors

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Iamahood 
#1 ·
I can't see much past my shoulders with stock mirrors. Would like to replace them. I use bar end CRG Arrows on my Aprilia Tuono and love them. The Honda's bar ends look to be a beast to remove to fit bar ends that'll take the mirror mounts. Suggestions?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#3 ·
squeeze the clip just under the end of the handle grips, at the same time use a large screw driver between the grip & the bar end weight . get it past clip lock then you can pull it out. I damaged one clip but got the other one out when i figured out it has a spring clip on it. I like the idea of bar end mirrors too. Was thinking about quality bicycle bar end mirrors might work. be cheaper too

#5 ·
Thank you. I will peel back the grips and look for the retaining slots. Then I think I'll get CRG Arrows.

The bar end for the mirror (which CRG sells to accommodate their mirror) doesn't seem to be as massive as the stock end and weight. Is this a big issue?

#6 ·
Ok, well, I rolled the grips back 3 cm or so and there is no clip or engagement device of any type that I can see. Any other thoughts on removing the bar end weights? I can get the bar ends off without any problem (the long Phillips-head screw), but the weights inside the handlebar just sit there, mocking my ineptitude.

#9 ·
My experience too, buffalo.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#10 ·
some thing that helps for me is to buy the little round sticky mirrors and put them at the bottom out side corners of the mirror. Not only do the help but the also help seeing behind you in a tuck... if you do that type of tabooo thing:p
If you look you can even got ones you can adjust.

#11 ·
#12 ·
I didn't like the stock mirrors. They look like, you know and they don't do that great of being rear view mirrors!
The pics show what I did. By getting all that stock stuff off the bike and then putting on these aftermarket mirrors on you will have lightened the handlebars by 2 lbs.!!!
I have excellent views of what is behind me now! I still think mirrors look ugly on my bike but it's an improvement from stock.
Randy

#18 · (Edited)
I re adjust the mirrors when I get on the highway and again when I sit up for city driving at the exit ramp. I can see behind me like two TV screens without even moving my head while in a tuck. No elbows. Pefect vision and a large image and viewing angle since you are closer to the mirrors. I wouldn't want any bike without a nice fairing and forward mounted mirrors. The designers at Honda did a great job of making this bike all things to all people and keeping it very cheap to buy.

#23 ·
When adjusted as wide as possible I was never able to see directly behind me. No need to lane split here so no problems with them off the bars. Out of one I can see the opposite side of the road less than 30 feet behind me. No question that the visibility is superior out of bar ends. No more fore arm or shoulder. Not one speck.

With stock I had shoulder and forearm in half the field of view to get a view approaching almost rearward. So bad that I thought about buying bubbles mirrors cause there was that much wasted surface.

At their best possible adjustment the stock mirrors can't come close to Napoleon bar end mirrors.

I've had decent stock mirrors on my dual sports, wide/high location. But with this bikes, until you've tried them you don't know how much better they are. Regardless of how they look they perform better simply due to the location.

Sent from my crackPhone using MO cræsh Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.