Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I konw some people here don't like phones or GPS devices on their bikes and I also know there are already existing a few threads on this topic but they all are coming down to those classic ram mounts:

I don't want to have one of these because it's not very cheap and easy to get where I live. Second reason why I don't want such a mount is because I only need it once for a trip on the weekend. I need a GPS App on my phone because I'm visiting a few countries where I don't understand the languages and I want to bypass most of those turnpikes :laugh:

I wonder if somebody here has a
different mount on his bike? I'm thinking about building something together from a cheap handlebar mount and maybe some zipties but I'm far away from a good tinkerer, so maybe someone here has a good idea. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Almost one year is gone and finaly I found the perfect solution for my phone to mount on the CBR.
Here is a step by step explanation for those riders who don't want to pay 60 to 80$ for a phone mount (Ram Mount).

Step 1:
Buy the "360°Rotating Car Windshield phone mount" for under 10$ (Link to the product on eBay)

Step 2:
Cut the suction cup off:

Then wrap some duct tape or similar around the stick of the phone mount so that it fit's the hole in your handlebar perfectly and can't fall out from vibrations while riding. I have no picture of this step.

Step 3:
Remove the plastic cap from the middle of your handlebar. I did it with a knife or a slotted screwdriver:

(I'm sorry for all the dirt on the bike, but we have some major issues with pollen and dust from the desert here in south Germany.) And I also know that I have to get rid of the rust. :-/

Step 4:
Push the modified phone mount into your handlebar:

Here's the link to the phone mount on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390964294642?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D390964294642%26_rdc%3D1
You will also found this mount on Amazon or some other online shops.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts