Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I just got my learners permit and I'm looking to buy the cbr250r. I haven't taken the msf class yet and I'm not comfortable riding it home on the highway. So, I'm wondering if it will fit into my Toyota Sienna. Can someone respond with the height from the floor to the top of the windshield and the width of the handle bar?

Thanks,

eluo

·
Registered
282 Posts
length = 80.1in
width = 28.3in
height = 44.3in

taken from service manual.
good luck

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
1.4m high mirrors removed to top of screen.
0.74m wide accross bars

Just got mine track prepped so got out the tape measure.

ps if you do remove mirrors, undo the four bolts at the fairing, use a 4mm allen key.
(not the two bigger centre bolts)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why is there a big difference between the measurement and the manual:confused:

44.3 inches = 1.12522 meters (killstrelok - from manual)
1.4 meters = 55.1181102 inches (Aufitt - from measurement)

Is the mirror higher than the windshield? Looks like the same height from the pictures posted on the internet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dont know what screen Aufitt is running(mine oem tinted) but to top of my screen measured is about the same as manual states.
Mirrors can be adjusted to be lower or higher than screen, on mine 1.35m when at their highest (fully swept back).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. The actual height of the stock CBR250r is 44.3 inches (1.12 meters). I was able to fit it into my Sienna Minivan (2nd Gen) from the side door with no room to spare. Used two 5ft 2x10 as ramp. Roll it in and anchored it with 4 ratcheting tie-down straps.

IMG_0301.JPG

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Oops bad typo on my behalf ~1.14m.
glad you got it home.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I bought my Buell Blast in 2006 over the net from a dealer 100 miles away before I had my MSF class, they delivered it for Free to my garage :). U can also get a uhaul trailer pretty cheap if that isn't an option if you have a hitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow, nice to know that it fits! I may be in the exact situation as yourself! I have a 2007 sienna LE as well. Hard to picture that the cbr250 would be that big. I haven't gotten my license yet either but after some researching, I'm pretty much set for a cbr250! I looked at the CBR125 initially as I just wanted to commute. I came from a yamaha bws50 and sold it as it's kind of time to upgrade. CBR125, i heard people getting tired of it fast. cbr250's seem to be the best range without killing myself and with room to grow. Anyone selling a pristine used 2007+ CBR250??? in the Vancouver, BC area? I don't mind driving 200-300 kms away.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, nice to know that it fits! I may be in the exact situation as yourself! I have a 2007 sienna LE as well. Hard to picture that the cbr250 would be that big. I haven't gotten my license yet either but after some researching, I'm pretty much set for a cbr250! I looked at the CBR125 initially as I just wanted to commute. I came from a yamaha bws50 and sold it as it's kind of time to upgrade. CBR125, i heard people getting tired of it fast. cbr250's seem to be the best range without killing myself and with room to grow. Anyone selling a pristine used 2007+ CBR250??? in the Vancouver, BC area? I don't mind driving 200-300 kms away.
The CBR250 that I bought is a newly redesigned 2011 model. I don't know if the size of the 2007 is the same as 2011, so it may or may not fit into the Sienna. You will have to do some research and measurement. If it does fit you will also need to get a ramp, 4 ratchet tie down straps and someone to help push it up the ramp. BTW, a 5 ft. 2x10 lumber works nicely as a ramp. It fitted nicely into the grove the of side door, lower track.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you think the middle row seats can be left in the vehicle? or do they need to be removed?
You will need to remove both since you will have to go from the side door. the rear hatch height is too low. With both seats out you will need to secure the motorcycle to the seat anchors with the tie down straps and it is best to use the ones farthest apart. This prevents the motorcycle from tilting over. After tying it down, put the motorcycle in gear to lock the wheel to prevent the motorcycle from rolling.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Picking up 2012 Honda CBR 250R in Toyota Sienna

Thanks for the responses. The actual height of the stock CBR250r is 44.3 inches (1.12 meters). I was able to fit it into my Sienna Minivan (2nd Gen) from the side door with no room to spare. Used two 5ft 2x10 as ramp. Roll it in and anchored it with 4 ratcheting tie-down straps.

View attachment 1485
Bumping this as I'm expecting to do the same this Saturday (yay!). Mine will be a 2012 Honda CBR 250R to be packed into an '06 Toyota Sienna (Limited).

The drive is about 2 hours away so I just want to really make sure I'll be able to bring it home. Would be a huge let down to go and find out it doesn't fit, so I'm hoping it'll be okay.

Anyone want to resample this bike's height (2012) with the stand down so I can do some last minute checks?

Also, it's a little hard to tell what parts on the bike eluo used to tie it down. Any recommendations there?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Bumping this as I'm expecting to do the same this Saturday (yay!). Mine will be a 2012 Honda CBR 250R to be packed into an '06 Toyota Sienna (Limited).

The drive is about 2 hours away so I just want to really make sure I'll be able to bring it home. Would be a huge let down to go and find out it doesn't fit, so I'm hoping it'll be okay.

Anyone want to resample this bike's height (2012) with the stand down so I can do some last minute checks?

Also, it's a little hard to tell what parts on the bike eluo used to tie it down. Any recommendations there?

Thanks!
2011 - 2013 stock CBR250R's are all the same dimensionally.

The best way to tie down the bike is to use a Canyon Dancer handlebar harness, along with some good tie down straps. If you try to use only tie down straps, they will rub against the side fairings. The Canyon Dancer harness solves that issue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is there any way it can be done without the Canyon Dancer? I'm planning on going down this Saturday so even if I ordered one, it wouldn't be here in time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2011 - 2013 stock CBR250R's are all the same dimensionally.

The best way to tie down the bike is to use a Canyon Dancer handlebar harness, along with some good tie down straps. If you try to use only tie down straps, they will rub against the side fairings. The Canyon Dancer harness solves that issue.
What size/model Canyon Dancer for the CBR250R? Any? There's the short bar harness (28505) then the Bar Harness II (32505) for 32" handlebars, etc.

I'm looking at
at the moment (should I get the short, standard, etc), or is there another more preferred model?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts