Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am live in North Carolina around Lake Norman. I just want to see If there is anyone else in this area. I am looking for someone to ride with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm up just north of Winston-Salem, but got the CBR so I could cruise highways to the Blue Ridge Pkwy and Charlotte, etc. If you're ever up this way, hit me up and I'll point you to the local twisties... Cheers,

~Ted

·
Registered
192 Posts
I live in Gastonia, maybe we can meet up sometime.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one more question for those of you in NC. Do any of you have a aftermarket exhaust on your bikes? If so have you ever had any problems with cops looking at them? North Carolina laws on this doesn't say a whole lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the Concord/Huntersville/University area; however, don't have a bike yet :) I'm looking to get one after my MSF class in the next month. Once I feel comfortable riding it, I'll be in touch.

On a completely OT note, what kind of OTD prices are you NC/SC guys/gals paying for ABS/non-ABS? If you could PM me, that would be great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was right around $4900 OTD with a bunch of bogus fees, etc., but they did get me the model (red/blk non-abs) I wanted next-day from another dealer across the state, so I wasn't too bent outta' shape about it. Esp. since the wife agreed to an immediate purchase, cash. :)

Reading on here about other OTD prices, mine's in the mid-high range, I think. But again, I had the bike RIGHT away... And they gave me some merch discounts... And their service dept. is second to none.

This dealership alone (Honda of W-S) swayed me to the CBR instead of the Ninja, and then after I read the reviews, etc. it was a no-brainer.... THOROUGHLY happy with my purchase. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought my red non-abs from Hager Motorsports in Rock Hill S.C. I paid $4390.00 OTD.

·
Registered
269 Posts
one more question for those of you in NC. Do any of you have a aftermarket exhaust on your bikes? If so have you ever had any problems with cops looking at them? North Carolina laws on this doesn't say a whole lot.
i have a leo on my 600rr and never got any garbage for it, and it was pretty loud. but my ex had a two bros on his gixxer and the packing wore out and it was pretty much just a straight pipe and he got pulled over.

On a completely OT note, what kind of OTD prices are you NC/SC guys/gals paying for ABS/non-ABS? If you could PM me, that would be great!
i paid just over 4k, i don't remember the exact number. go to ricky hendrick in pineville, talked to jason c. tell him rebecca the short asian girl in new england referred you. if you need parts talk to dave, he's awesome. that shop always takes good care of me, i've bought 3 bikes from them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks a lot! I'll be on my way to check out Hendrick in Pineville this weekend - got a PM about that place as well, so 2 positive referrals are great!

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah i'll plug them any day. i'm in providence and i order parts from them because they take better care of me than local dealerships, and they ship em fast. the gentleman that delivers bikes for you, dan, is the sweetest old man in the world. he's brought me two of my bikes and one time i was locked out of my house by accident haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts