Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like i am not shifting up correctly - i have a feeling that several times rear wheel is blocked for the moment when i shift up. Am i releasing clutch too fast? Need to give more RPM while releasing? Any good advice of what am I doing wrong?

(I am a true beginner, never rode bike before, just complete MSF course and rode just ~50 miles on my CBR250)

·
745 Posts
If your rpm are high when you shift and you roll all of the way out of the throttle before you release the clutch, you'll get that "blocked" feeling. On the CBR, each gear makes about a thousand RPM difference, so if you're taching 6k in fifth and shift to sixth, your rpm should be at about 5k when the clutch goes out to make it smooth (opposite for downshifting - if you're in sixth and 6k and want to go to fifth, have the engine at about 7k when you clutch out.

Remember to modulate the clutch. Although the clutch lever travel (at the ball on the end) is about 2", there's really only an inch that counts - where that inch is depends on the lever adjustment. find that inch, and on either side of it you can be aggressive - but when you're in the engagement range, smooth and slow makes the drivetrain happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Luke, tried to do everything as you wrote, no blocks anymore. Totally got it, need to give it more RPM and release clutch slowly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts