Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ,

I was working on installing my alarm in my CBR 250 2012 and had to take the fairings off. . . . Well long story short I lost one of the Fairing bolts (that require the allen key) :D and I am not so familiar with the sizing and stuff. IF anyone can just tell me what do i have to say to a hardware store to get that screw, or if anyone can give me an online link to buy it !

Appreciate it
Thanks !
-Vish

·
2,015 Posts
Take off the same screw on the other side and take it with you to a hardware store. I can't find the CBR250R listed for OEM parts with the online shops that I normally use (in USA).

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
I have an order from this online Honda dealer, heading my way right now. They do have a shipping & handling charge that some may feel is steep. I'm willing to pay it for a couple reasons... they have very low prices, 35 -40% off what you will pay over the parts counter at your local Honda dealer. Saving $$ on the parts aside, the $18 - $20 is about what I would spend in gas on two round trips to my closest dealer. When I order parts I'll make it worthwhile by ordering extra oil filters & gaskets, air filter, drain plug washers, spark plugs etc. I set up a small shoe box size plastic tote bin for each one of my bikes for spares... it's really nice having some of the common parts on hand. I'd rather spend my limited spare time riding, than chasing around every time I need to service the bike's.

Cheer's...
Mike

·
Registered
354 Posts
Most hardware stores do not carry the fine pitch metric, good luck. It is also a shouldered bolt, if you look at the other one. One of the three on the main lower fairing is different than the other two. Order it online or go to the dealer.
I do like MotoMike, order spares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts