Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Sop story incoming, brace yourself. And I sent this to both the seller and RK, so I'm purposely being terse with the details because I've about had it with all the ongoing complications and things going wrong getting simple maintenance done on this bike (going on 6 weeks now; I did the oil change, rear sprocket, front sprocket, chain, wheel bearings, etc. - still no bike).

Had my newly ordered chain tool kit RK UCT2100(50) sitting out, opened on a table under the garage door.
Garage door comes down, chain tool kit goes up, pieces fly in opposite directions.
I found most pieces that same day.
I found PH500JP just today, sitting in the garage door, 4 weeks later.

I cannot find, for the life of me, the Pressing Tail Piece (TPP220) so I can finish my rivet and be done with this thing. I am not comfortable using the clip style, even though I have one; I got 2 perfectly new rivet-styles from RK that I can't press without this tail piece. AutoZone is also still waiting on me to return their torque wrench and it's been almost 90 days now.

Someone DM me for my mailing address and send me a TPP220! Anybody! RK! Seller! Some compassionate, benevolent, fellow RK fanatic/CBR250 rider - I don't care. I'm ready to throw this thing on Craigslist and be done with it once and for all.

Good night. I'll check my messages in the morning. Need to go let off some steam; this is just utterly ridiculous.

P.S. And oh yeah. The replacement for this piece on eBay is like $15-20. I am NOT interested nor in the mood for spending anymore money to replace things right now.

P.P.S. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
" I am NOT interested nor in the mood for spending anymore money to replace things right now."

Then use the clip type master link. I've usde them since 1960 without any problems.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then use the clip type master link. I've usde them since 1960 without any problems.
"Why not..." Apart from the fact I already said I'm not comfortable with using the clip-style master link, you forgot to ask "why not use the clip-type master link."

Answer: Because of this and this, though now I realize it's the same guy (Turbo DV8); at any rate, he's the reason "I carry a spare rivet-type master link on my trips" now.

And the seller got back to me and said he would normally send out a replacement right away, but they're all sold out and on back order for at least another month.

So yeah, I think I'm done at this point. Thanks for your reply anyhow.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Until anger issues are resolved through professional therapy and possibly medication, probably best to stay off a motorcycle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Until anger issues are resolved through professional therapy and possibly medication, probably best to stay off a motorcycle.
That's certainly one way people deal with anger issues. There is also the practice of walking away for a while and coming back to it later with a clear mind. Also just as valid.

Though, I find your comments also pretty degrading, hurtful and insensitive, Stichill, and I don't appreciate it.

And I found the missing piece, by the way, and I did manage to put everything back together, torqued, etc.

Regardless, I'm coming to the realization that I'm not as much in love with motorcycles as I used to be and think I will end up selling after all. Thanks for your not-so-encouraging words of encouragement. Real helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts