Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My bike blinks empty and I fill up with about 2 gaskins st most if I fill right when the blinking starts. Is there a way to fix that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
hehe, got me thinking the same thing. Once it starts blinking I ride it out to make sure its really on its last bar - blinking. When it would blink when parked on the kickstand, I ride it out to make sure. Sometimes it would turn back to one solid or even two solid bars. So I make sure I am riding and it is still blinking. Two times I gassed up so far on the last bar blinking, I got 2.1 gals until I reach a full tank. That mean I got about 1.3 gals left until empty according to the manual on capacity of the tank. LOL.

Next time I am going to reset my trip mi. meter. Once it starts blinking reset my trip meter to 0. When I reach about 55 mi, then its about ready to search for a gas station. :) If I run out of gas, oh well live you learn.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
It does 45km blinking at full throttle till you are walking (I have tested this)

The tank holds 11 litres and not 13 litres.

So the guage is acurate.. just the tank size is not.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I am figuring 3 liters remaining when it goes to 1 bar and 1.5 liters when it starts blinking. But, I have never run it dry. It sounds like it might be a bit more than that. I get all 6 bars lit after filling to the plate. I would say the fuel gauge is very accurate but the tank volume is only about 10 liters to the fill plate.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Correct Sendler... To get it to 11 litres from completely empty I had to go very slowly to get the last litre in and it was way above the fill plate

IF the fuel pump is inside the tank that could take up some space? but whatever it is its not 13 as claimed, no problem as this bike is so economical.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Aufitt, how many seconds did it take to go from sputtering to dead when you ran out of fuel?

Next question: how likely is it that running out of fuel will kill your fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I know I'm new to this biking world, but why all the talk about running the tank until empty? Is it different than in my car where I start looking for a gas station when I get between 1/2 and 1/4 tank? Once you get to know your bike a little, won't you know about how many miles/kms you will get per tank and just monitor your trip odometer?

I hope this post doesn't sound snarky, I really am interested in understanding things if I am misunderstanding them.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I know I'm new to this biking world, but why all the talk about running the tank until empty? Is it different than in my car where I start looking for a gas station when I get between 1/2 and 1/4 tank? Once you get to know your bike a little, won't you know about how many miles/kms you will get per tank and just monitor your trip odometer?

I hope this post doesn't sound snarky, I really am interested in understanding things if I am misunderstanding them.
The problem is, the tank only holds 11 liters, which can take me about 200 miles max. After two trips to work and back, my gauge is at 1-2 bars. Most cars have a range of 300 miles or more.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The problem is, the tank only holds 11 liters, which can take me about 200 miles max. After two trips to work and back, my gauge is at 1-2 bars. Most cars have a range of 300 miles or more.
Makes sense to me. You'd rather learn what your approximate miles/tank is without having to run it dry.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I grew up refilling based upon the trip meter. I'm entirely in sympathy with Empty Sea's basic question.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Aufitt, how many seconds did it take to go from sputtering to dead when you ran out of fuel?

Next question: how likely is it that running out of fuel will kill your fuel pump?
I cut the motor at the first hiccup so as to not do damage,
The last bar flashed for 45km.
I'd already rang ahead to my brother who was coming 20km from home with a 10litre can brim full with 11 litres in it, this filled the tank completely.

I got 259.7 km from a tank at full throttle all the way..then she ran out so that is worst case scenario.
Figures are in the mileage thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No Full Tank...

I never get the six bars when I refuel, and the last bar starts flashing too early...
The bike uses 4.2l % km approximately, I am not a "slow" driver.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I checked mine the other day. 6 bars for 15 miles, 5 bars up to 50 miles total. Don't feel like filling it any higher becasue it could saturate the charcoal cannister in the vapor recovery system.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
40 Posts
This morning I've turned on the bike on the sidestand, last bar started flashing. Turned it on, sat on the bike so it was leveled, turned on again and no flashing. I've ride about 20km and bar is still there...

·
Registered
501 Posts
mine doesnt stay on the sixth bar long either. I dont think I'm going to trust the gauge for now. I know how much gas it holds i dont need the gauge. I only have 100 miles on bike so, not even broken in yet. If i get 50 mpg i'll be happy. My truck only averages 16 mpg.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
It works, It blinks, it tells you when to fill up.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts